Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* New York City (Madison Square Garden - Hell's Kitchen) TRYP Times Square South

striker1064
By striker1064,
in

TripAdvisor Rating: 4.5 out of 5.0

Recommended 95%

Amenities

Free Internet

Indoor pool(s)

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

I am thinking this may be the Holiday Inn L. I. Manhattan View, but I'm not sure.

Also, I've never used Hotwire before, so is there a way to tell if it's a full/queen/king bed?

Another question: Since it states it's an accessible bathroom, does this indicate it would be guaranteed to be a handicapped accessible room? We don't need these amenities, so I would be unsure of getting a hotel with this.

Thanks so much!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet please start by reading your messages.

Best guess for this property would be the Holiday Inn Manhattan View.

You can't choose the bed type, it will be assigned by the hotel (most likely at the time of check-in based upon what is available at that time). You can call the hotel and request a specific room configuration, but there is no assurance that the hotel will be able, or willing, to honor your request. Here is HOTWIRE's information on the subject: Hotwire Hotel Number of Beds.

The appearance of the 'accessible' amenities doesn't mean that you'll necessarily be assigned an accessible room, only that the hotel has these available.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your help!

We decided against the Holiday Inn. I'd like to ask about another, if that's okay, rather than starting a new thread.

Dates: 1/1/2014 - 1/8/2014

Price: $97/night

3.5 stars, Madison Square Garden - Hell's Kitchen area, 95% recommended, 4.5/5.0 TripAdvisor

Amenities

Free Internet

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

I am thinking this is perhaps the TRYP. This would be quite a low price for what I've heard is a very nice hotel.

Thanks so much, again, You've been very helpful.

If you go back to HOTWIRE and click this offer, then on the ensuing page click the 'See all' link under the amenities, do you also see a ROLL-IN SHOWER amenity in addition to the amenities above? If so, then i'd agree with your guess of the TRYP Times Square South.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Nope, I double-checked just to be sure, and there isn't a roll-in shower listed as an amenity. We do like the TRYP, but given some of the other 3.5* options we aren't quite as keen on, I'd be inclined to keep looking.

Any other guess on that one? Maybe the Affinia Manhattan? Although I see that one also has a roll-in shower as a common amenity.

Or can you make any recommendations for anything that is available now? It doesn't have to be a super nice place, anything from 3* and up is fine. Some hotels that we've been checking out and considering for the regular rates include the Wyndham Garden Chinatown, Best Western Bowery, TRYP, and other similar places - nice hotels that aren't necessarily boutiques. We're looking to keep it under $150/night for the 7-night period 1/1 to 1/8, and the only amenity we really want is free wi-fi. Any area in Manhattan is fine.

Thanks again.

EDIT:

Here's one I spotted. Empire State Building, $103/night, 4*, 85% recommended, 4/5 TripAdvisor

Amenities

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

A quick glance, this looks like St. Giles The Court maybe? This also looks like a really nice hotel.

I do believe the property above does have a Roll-in Shower but for some reason you're not seeing it... are you on a mobile device by chance? The following link will expire shortly after it's posted, but if you use THIS LINK do you now see 10 amenities for this offer?

Yes, bust guess for the ESB property would be the St. Giles The Court.

It looks like Hotwire has recently or is in the process of updating their website. For some reason, on the newer version of the website (if you simply type www.hotwire.com, for example), the roll-in shower wasn't coming up.

However, when I went to make my purchase, I used the HOTWIRE link on the board here, and it went back to the "old" website, and roll-in shower appeared. So if others have trouble seeing extra amenities in the future, maybe this will have something to do with it?

Anyway, I decided to pull the trigger on the $97/night 3.5* hotel in MSG area, and it did indeed turn out to be the TRYP. We couldn't be happier - this saves us nearly $300 off the total price of the reservation through their own website. Thank you so much for your help!

Congratulations on your success!

Thanks for using the HOTWIRE links on the board :)

It looks like Hotwire has recently or is in the process of updating their website
Yes, some users get a diffrent interface and not seeing all amenities. It's also depening on if you search with your mobile device or computer

We hope you're satisfied with the outcome and will like the hotel.

Enjoy your stay.

Yellowdog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]