Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (El Segundo - Manhattan Beach) Ayres Hotel Manhattan Beach

nhojeod
By nhojeod,
in

At current rates i think a 4* will likely cost in excess of $200+ per nite... a 3.5* over $150/nite.

Keep us updated on your progress or if you need help with a bidding strategy and/or determining your FOUR re-bid zones when bidding 3.5* or 4* in the Los Angeles area.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Not much luck with bidding. Tried bids up to $145 for a 4*. Saw a recent forum posting for a $150 bid for the Sheraton which I am hoping to avoid...

Considering the hotwire 4* for $243 a night with the following amenities, (4.5 out of 5 Tripadvisor rating)

Pet friendly

Near Beach

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Inclined to think it is the Viceroy based on tripadvisor rating and pet policy... What does the forum think?

I'm seeing a listing with this amenity set at the 4* level in the Santa Monica-MDR area. The tripadvisor rating doesn't match it, but this amenity set would be more likely the Sheraton than the Viceroy, which has been seen with a very different amenity set. The tripadvisor rating is not updated live, so if the Sheraton has been at the 4.5 level recently, that may be the result. There's also a 5* in this zone that is less than the 4* in question.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

My guess for the 4* above would be the Fairmont Miramar.

However, when searching for your dates i'm also seeing a 5* hotel in this zone for even less ($225/nite) with:

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Hi-Speed Internet

Golf

Tennis

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

My best guess for this one would be the Ritz Carlton Marina Del Rey.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you all for the advice and suggestions so far.

After much review/research, I have narrowed done to the following, (very much influenced by the tripadvisor rating, both of the following have >80% 4.5 rating and are #1 in the respective zones)

1. PRICELINE EXPRESS deal 4* Santa Monica $250. Inclined to think this is the Shore Hotel from the bed selections descriptions(330sqft, Garden/City/Ocean View, 37" TV) matching the descriptions on the hotel website.

2. PRICELINE bid (start $100 to $125+) for 4* El Segundo. Hoping to get the Ayres Hotel, seems like an good deal especially with parking included.

I will start bidding for the Ayres and will take it from there =)

edit: Tried bids from $110 to $130 without success. The PRICELINE EXPRESS deal is $144. Will try increments of $2 from $130 onwards =)

• 1 month later...

Quick review of the Ayres Hotel (2 night stay)

It was great! The decor is on the more "interesting" side (Oyster has a review if you want good pictures). Room was spacious, quiet, clean and comfortable. Free buffet breakfast was good (fruits, muffins, 2 hot dishes, waffle maker, cereal, etc.) Free internet/parking worked fine. Driving to/from tourist spots was easy enough. All in all a pretty good stay. Would recommend it if you want free breakfast/wifi/parking and don't mind the location/view (we had a view of bed bath and beyond & staples across the street)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]