Hotwire Hotel: 4* Maui (Kaanapali) Hyatt Regency

megz
By megz,
in

Hi everyone,

I've made an attempt to secure a 4* hotel in Maui (Kihei/Wailea, Ka'anapali/Lahaina) via PRICELINE for the following bids and were unsucessful:

We're open to bidding as high as $200/night but obviously would like to go lower, if possible. Does anyone have any recommendations or advice? I'd like to get my first PL winning bid!

Also, currently Hotwire is selling a 4* for $225 in Wailea -- can anyone guess which hotel this is?

Thanks!

Welcome to Betterbidding.

You mention two sets of dates - which were the above set of bids for? What date/s are the HOTWIRE listing for? Please provide the complete information for the HOTWIRE listing - date/s, price per night (in USD$, before taxes/fees), full list of amenities, zone and star rating and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID the listing.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks Aaron - I think it's the same hotel, regulary $349/night

For Aug 10-15th, Wailea - Makena area 4* - $227/night

Parking, Resort, Beachfront, Fitness, Pool, Restaurant(s), Laundry (self-service), Hi-Speed Internet, Golf Nearby, and appears to have no resort fee

For Aug 15-20th, Wailea - Makena area 4* - $226/night

Parking, Resort, Beachfront, Fitness, Pool, Restaurant(s), Laundry(self-service), Hi-Speed Internet, Golf Nearby, and appears to have no resort fee

The bid was for Aug 10-15th

HOTWIRE has a new interface which is not currently showing the complete set of amenities at the usual point of the search process.

Please try the following:

• use this link to search HOTWIRE
  • from the search results page click the offer for this hotel
  • on the next page click BOOK NOW (no worries about purchasing by accident since no credit card information is entered up to this point)
  • on the left side of the page click the 'See all amenities' link

If you follow the above, do you now see this complete set of amenities for this offer:

Resort

Free Parking

Beachfront

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Golf

Tennis

Spa

Childrens Activities

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

HOWEVER, as this is above your current target budget, and it seems like your next move would be to continue bidding higher towards the $200 mark, not sure why try to identify this property at the moment (as it may not even be the hotel offered once you consider going the HOTWIRE route and exhausting your bidding attempts up to $200/nite). With this noted, my best guess for this property would be the Makena Beach and Golf Resort.

PRICELINE EXPRESS has a 4* hotel offered for 8/5-8/20 in this zone for $210/nite and using the link in my signature and code SUMMER gives you 5% OFF bringing the room cost right to your budget of $200/nite... does this work for you?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and/or how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all,

For those of you waiting to get a deal in Ka'anapali, I scored the Hyatt Regency for $176/night between 8/15-8/17. I did a quick check just now and it looks like they have this price available from 8/13 - 8/17. I'm guessing they released the rooms today, so get it quickly!!

Happy bidding,

M

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the results.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Amenities:

Resort

Beachfront Property

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Children's Activity Program

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

$30 daily hotel resort fee

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]