Priceline Hotel: 3.5* San Francisco (Fishermans Wharf) Marriott San Francisco Fishermans Wharf

jfiler
By jfiler,
in

I want to bid on a hotel in San Francisco for one night, August 15

I want a 4 star hotel in either Fishermans wharf or financial district or Union Square or something close to that area.

I noticed that there 6 zones in San Francisco that dont have a 4 star hotel, so I can rebid 6 times.

At what price should I start bidding?

I want to bid on a hotel in San Francisco for one night, August 15

I want a 4 star hotel in either Fishermans wharf or financial district or Union Square or something close to that area.

I noticed that there 6 zones in San Francisco that dont have a 4 star hotel, so I can rebid 6 times.

At what price should I start bidding?

My guess is that you're likely looking at $165-$185 for a 4* hotel in one of these zones for your nite above... is this inline with your expected budget?

Let us know your maximum bid and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

...I also might consider a 3.5 star since 4 stars are so expensive this day.

Once you make a decision let us know what you would like to try for first and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I assume by 'Union Square' that both USE and USW are acceptable? If so...

When bidding 4* in San Francisco you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* USE and USW...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Financial and SOMA...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* USE and SOMA...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $153, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Financial and USW...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $153, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* USE and Financial...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $158, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $163, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* USW and SOMA...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $158, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $163, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* USE and USW and Financial and SOMA...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $168, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $173, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $178, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes... not that rates are up a little since i looked yesterday so not sure how the above will go, but give it a try and we'll revise accordingly if turned down.

ok...i went up to $160 and got rejected...than realized i cant go over $160..lol sorry

but i found a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal on priceline...a 4 star hotel in san mateo area for $105!!!

<dead link removed>

even tho i dont want that area, but its worth sleeping there for that price.

i checked on priceline for 4 star hotels in san mateo...it showed only 1....and thats the Marriot and price is $279...so is that express deal the Marriot for sure? how coud they be offering it for only $105 if its price is $279?

2nd q...is san mateo a good safe place o stay?

PRICELINE results contain a session in them so they won't work when posted to the board (and even on your own computer will expire in an hour or two). This PRICELINE EXPRESS property shows no amenities, correct?

Without any amenities it's nearly impossible to take a guess as to which hotel this may be, but the PRICELINE bidding, PRICELINE EXPRESS, and 'retail' sides of PRICELINE all user a different universe of hotels so it could be something other than the Marriott. (for example, the Sofitel is in this zone and currently 4* rated by PRICELINE, so that would be at least one other possibility)

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

no it doesnt mention any amenities.

it just says 4 Star Hotel in San Mateo Area for $105/night

ya i guess i could be something besides the marriot.

So I squeezed myself and tried $170 for 4 star union square and financial district but still NO luck.

Man Im not sure why its so expensive....even Times Square in NY is cheaper than Union Square.

Should I wait and try $170 again tomorrow or just try 3.5 and 3 star?

There is a Dentistry Convention taking place with about 16K attendees, which i believe is on the larger side for San Francisco.

My guess is that a 4* at the moment will likely run about $200-$225, a 3* or 3.5* $185-$205. The Whitcomb is $189/nite on Hotels.com (and has free cancellation up until the day before check-in which may give you some breathing room to keep trying over the next week... please use this Hotels.com link should you book this as a back-up)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we will take it from there.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]