Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown East) One UN New York - Formerly Millennium UN Plaza Hotel

Beela
By Beela,
in

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, so please accept my apologies in advance if the answer is blatantly obvious.

We would like to be at the Sheraton Times Square July 31 - August 4. Is there any way I can work around Hotwire or Priceline to get a rate lower than Sheraton's website? I saw someone post that they have this hotel for $110 or $120 and I'm wondering if someone could help me figure out how to go about bidding? I'm so lost. :(

Thank you! :)

Welcome to Betterbidding.

There is no way to guarantee a particular property via either service. If you bid on PRICELINE for a 4* in Times Square (to use an example), you have to be willing to stay in *any* 4* in the zone. With HOTWIRE, you can make an educated guess as to which hotels are showing, but there's only one per star rating per zone and it may not be the one you are looking for. With the discounts that both services offer, it really requires flexibility as to where you stay. I'm not seeing what would appear to be a potential match for the Sheraton for these dates on HOTWIRE - are you only interested in the Sheraton?

Additionally, unfortunately $110-120 may not be realistic for these date/s at the 4* level.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi Aaron,

I have stayed there before and so I guess it's more that I'm familiar with it than anything else. The rates I found from searching in the search box above but you're right, it is the middle of summer and prices could be much higher.

I think since it is my first time using HOTWIRE or PRICELINE I'm kind of scared!

Not necessarily attached to the Sheraton...not looking for a boutique hotel, somewhere in Midtown/Times Square and walking distance to Macy's!

:-)

If you only want the Sheraton i'm seeing rates for your dates at $300+. As you say you're open to other properties, i am seeing what i believe to be The New York Palace for $200/nite for your dates. Should i be wrong in my guess, you have the 'safety net' of knowing that the HOTWIRE hotel offered is 4.5/5.0 user review rated on Tripadvisor (so it should be a good one / positive experience). While this hotel isn't that that close to Macy's (neither is the Sheraton... this property would be add about 7-8 minutes if you were walking) the New York Palace is about 5 blocks from a subway station that will take you directly to Macy's... or you can take some of your savings and take a taxi back to the hotel with your many bags (~$10 or so).

I'm also seeing what i believe to be the Affinia Shelburne or Affinia Dumont (i'm not sure which, but i'd lean towards the Shelburne) offered for $176/nite for your dates... if correct, both of these hotels are well reviewed and would be walkable to Macys (assuming you considered the Sheraton to be walk-able)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or the our Sheraton link as found in our Support Page should you decide that is the only property you want and choose to book direct)

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As directed, I'm posting back in my original thread.

Saw Sheraton Times Square July 31- Aug 4 on sale at Travelocity for $253 a night. I'm not 100% attached to the property but would like to stay at a Starwood property. I'll read through the info again to figure out how to get a 4+ hotel in the area. Hoping with taxes for around $1000.

Thank you.

Just like you can't bid for a specific hotel, there is no way to bid for a specific chain either.

Through PRICELINE / HOTWIRE you can get a 4* hotel in NYC for your dates for ~$900 all-in... so you need to decide if you're willing to accept any 4* hotel for this price OR prefer to pay ~$1200 for the Sheraton or some other property priced at ~$250/nite.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Let us know if/how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello,

Have booked W New York for August 1-4 however there's an adjustment in my schedule and I'll be in NY July 31. Adding this extra day at the hotel is double the rate I got ($164). Any suggestions/tips to either score the same hotel or somewhere near to it so I don't have to lug my suitcases too far?

Thank you!

Hi,

I have the W New York booked for August 1st but am actually going to be in NY the day before. Require help finding either the same hotel, or somewhere nearby for July 31. Would prefer 4 star, and under $175. Any help would be appreciated.

And yes, I'll use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links through BetterBidding :-)

Thanks!

HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel in the MTC zone for $174/nite which i'm guessing to be the Warwick:

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

This would be about a 15 minute walk (or $6-$7 taxi ride)... does this work for your needs?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board. (and please check the Support Page for your non-priceline and non-hotwire purchases, where we have links to most of the major hotel chains and online booking agencies, including Travelocity)

4-star Hotel in Midtown East, July 31 - August 4, $170.

90% recommended.

Amenities:

Fitness Center

Restaurant

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Roll-in shower

HOTWIRE does not show all amenities that a hotel offers. Additionally, HOTWIRE amenities as noted on the list do not necessarily appear on HOTWIRE in the same order as they do on the list. Lastly, the HOTWIRE and PRICELINE lists offer what has been reported to the board - that information can change at at time as new hotels/changes may be seen at any time.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Have booked W New York for August 1-4...

4-star Hotel in Midtown East, July 31 - August 4, $170.

90% recommended.

Amenities:

Fitness Center

Restaurant

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Roll-in shower

Do you need a 2nd room for Aug 1-4 or is your previous purchase refundable that you're now looking at a new offer for the complete stay? (as well as the solo nite in this Priceline NYC thread??

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

...I am fine with Midtown East or West or Central, or Times Square, or Empire State Building areas.

PRICELINE does not have a Midtown Central zone... did you duplicate this from the Midtown West zone OR did you mean the Central Park South zone?

Please confirm and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

I think I got MTCentral from Hotwire
I wasn't sure if this was the case or if you meant Central Park South.

So to confirm, a 4* hotel in MTE, MTW, TS or ESB with a maximum bid or $175 for one nite July 31. If this is correct...

When bidding 4* in New York City you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* TS and ESB...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* TS and MTW...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MTE and ESB...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* ESB and MTW...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $153, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* TS and MTE...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $153, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MTE and MTW and TS...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $158, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MTE and MTW and ESB...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $158, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* TS and ESB and MTW...

Bid $163, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $168, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* TS and ESB and MTE...

Bid $163, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $168, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* TS and ESB and MTW and MTE...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $173, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175

Any questions feel free to ask. If the above should fail, i'll also point out that there is a 3.5* on HOTWIRE in the MSG zone for $131/nite:

Free Internet

Boutique

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Wheelchair Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... best guess for this property would be the Yotel Times Square, and it gets very good reviews with a 4.5/5.0 TA rating.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]