Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Seattle (Downtown - Pike Place) Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown

queenbee
By queenbee,
in

Hello,

I've been trying to book a 4* hotel in Seattle Downtown - Pike Place for 08/23 (Fri) to 08/26 (Mon). 4*, location and time are non-negotiable.

I've entered in $85, 90, 92, 95, 98, 100, 105, 110, 112, 115. This is about the most I would like to pay per night.

On HOTWIRE, comparable hotel is $180 (Pet friendly, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), High-Speed Internet Access, Accessible for the blind/deaf, Accessible path of travel, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower).

On Express Deals, comparable hotel is $170 (Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Business Center, Fitness Center).

Should I keep trying for the next several days, or is it hopeless to get a room for this cheap? THANK YOU!

Unfortunately, if PRICELINE Express and HOTWIRE are more towards the $175-200+ mark, then $115 for a 4* is not going to be realistic. There is the possibility that rates may trend lower closer to your dates - especially if there's nothing going on on your date/s in terms of conventions, etc - but rates can also very easily stay around these levels or head higher. If $115 is your max, then your options are either really waiting it out a bit (although the date/s aren't that far off) or looking at lower star ratings.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for the advice.

I'm now at the point where I've reached the same exact price on Express Deals for my bidding ($155 for a 3.5*). I have a 10% coupon for Express Deal which I can use, but is this common for bidding = Express deal price? This has never happened to me before, and I've always been able to shave off at least $10-20.

I am concerned about waiting longer, but wonder if it is worth taking the risk if I can at least save a few bucks that can go toward other parts of my trip... Thanks!

We have seen situations where users could bid and undercut the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer... as well as situations where the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer was the best that could be had.

Nobody can say if rates will come down, or move higher, between now and your trip, so you'll have to weigh the risk of locking in this deal now at this price vs. the risk of rates moving higher should you wait.

I'll also add that i'm not seeing that much of a difference in rates between the 3.5* hotels and 4* hotels... if you prefer higher rated hotels it may be worthwhile raising your bid another $5-$10 for a 4* property to see if you can get a better rated hotel for just a few dollars more.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and keep us updated on your progress or let us know how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I admittedly am not thrilled with this choice, but it is what it is and I don't have much time to keep searching anyway.

I have a feeling that the Express Deal for 3.5* in this area is also the Crowne Plaza. The current amenities show 7+ reviews, Pet Friendly, Business Center, Hi Speed Internet and Fitness, I believe.

Anyway, today was my third day of bidding. Day 1, I went from $85 to $120 and stopped. Day 2, I went from $85 to $145, all rejected. I had been offered a counter of $169 at $140, but I decided against it and got rejected at $145. Today, I finally reached $150 and was accepted. I also got the same counter offer as yesterday. I had searched high and low for better deals, but I couldn't justify paying over $200/night with taxes and fees.

This deal comes out to $169/night after taxes and 5% off with code SUMMER.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]