Priceline Hotel: 4* St. Louis (Downtown) Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch

Roadguy
By Roadguy,
in

Has anyone come back and rebid the same number and won in downtown?

Not only have people come back and won while bidding the same number, but people have come back and won bidding a lower number. Hotels give inventory to Priceline all the time. Sometimes even at the last minute. If you again decide to try for this trip, it definitely is worth your while to try bidding again.

Romelle

At current rates i think you will need to be closer to $75-$95 to win a 4* hotel for these dates.

Are you 'other plans' canceling the trip, not needing a hotel room for the nite, choosing a different location, lowering your star rating, etc?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you Romelle and thereuare,

We already have someone going so I can either

1) not go

2) share his room(I really dont want to)

3) get my own room (desired)

For $50ish, what the Hyatt has been won at several times recently even for weekdays, I would want my own room. If its a chance that I pay $70+ and end up away from my desired area(Hilton or Hyatt) and get something like the Rennasaince(half mile a way) then its not worth it

Any guess on the $97 4* express deal in downtown?

Curious as maybe I will wait to see if this decreases in price before rebidding on name your own price, or if another hotel shows up

Guest Score:

Rated 9.0out of 10 (or higher)

Guaranteed Amenities:

Free Internet

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Fitness Center

Tue Oct 1, 2013

Thu Oct 3, 2013

After reconsidering my options, I once again tried bidding with more realistic prices for my dates. Using the PRICELINE link above I started at $74 increased by $3s(St Louis has only a few areas with 4 star hotels so I could immediately rebid by adding areas w/o a 4*) & won the Hyatt Regency at the Arch for $89 minus 5% for the promotion code 'SUMMER' a net of $84 and I can add nights at the same rate(I might do that)

More than I wanted to pay, less than $100 Express deal price and less that the $140ish best prices for 4* hotels I could find in this area

Overall Im very happy because I got a hotel in the area I wanted at a fair price for my dates...so Thank you Better Bidding

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the results and this property will be convenient for your plans this trip.

...I can add nights at the same rate(I might do that)
Do note that this gives the opportunity to add nites to your stay, it does not ensure that rooms will be available for your additional nite(s), and if there is available, if it will be at the same price. When you try to extend your stay PRICELINE will either respond with:
  • you've successfully added nite(s) to your stay
  • there is available but only at $xx (and you then have the choice to accept this higher rate or not
  • no availability at any price

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]