BDL Bradley Midsize Hertz

whatadeal
By whatadeal,
in

I've been renting cars for years from Bradley Airport/Windsor Locks, CT when I fly in. I don't believe I've ever paid more than $20/day, & usually rent a midsize. I've been checking HOTWIRE rates & bidding on PRICELINE via the Better Bidding Link since early June for an August 23-30 (7 day) rental, steadily increasing my bids. I'm up to $28/day, which is astronomical (total price $301.83 with Priceline) and it was still rejected. The HOTWIRE rate is currently showing $39/day for a total of $385.25, and the Priceline non-bidding price is $50/day for a total of $477. Each time I bid it suggests I bid $40 (not going to happen). I've tried to check to see if there is some special event going on, but no dice. I've also checked several comparison sites & the individual rental companies, but all are worse. Any idea what's going on?

I'm wondering the same thing. I checked LAX rates after someone on this list posted higher prices there for this August. I found the rates given to be a fair amount higher than I've seen for LAX. I'm bidding for LIH several months away and haven't had success yet...but it's early yet for that. They keep offering the great deal of $35. a day for a mid size...That's almost $600. for 2 weeks. :-(

whatadeal,

Obviously some event taking place... you're just not aware of what it is at this time. Possibly back-to-school for local colleges/universities and parents flying in with their kids to help them move in... or some other event at one of the college campuses that wouldn't exactly make the 'radar' on a search for these dates.

cshos,

It would be appreciated if you used the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding. If you'd like help with your own stay please start a NEW TOPIC... and click each of the links above before posting.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...
No problem, thank you for the follow-up.

Just to add further pain to my pocketbook, with my upcoming rental imminent I took another look at rates just out of curiosity. Now Hotwire has dropped their rate for a midsize to $23/day for my rental period! In this case, it did NOT pay to prepay far in advance via bidding on Priceline. My total for a midsize is $332.56, compared to the current Hotwire total of $246.60. OUCH!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]