Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (South or North Strip) [HELP] [ID]

dispatch
By dispatch,
in

Hi guys,

Longtime fan. Looking for a bit of help in getting a 5* room for 08/09 - 08/11. Prefer Aria, Cosmo, Palazzo; Avoid Four Seasons.

Mainly I don't want to stay at the Four Seasons due to its very southern location. Curiously, Four Seasons shows up on BB's HOTWIRE hotel list but not on the Hotel List for PRICELINE, although I see it on the PRICELINE site. I don't see any instances of the 4 Seasons being won on either a bid or a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal, but I still wonder if I could get it.

I'd like to stay at or under $155/nt.

Here are my questions:

1. Do I need to worry much about getting the 4 Seasons. I realize this is a tough question to answer.

2. Please help me ID this PRICELINE express deal for Las Vegas Strip Vicinity South:

-$155/nt ($51.08 Taxes & Fees)

-Indoor or Outdoor Pool

-Restaurant

-Business Center

-Guest Rating: 8.0

My guess is Vdara

**Notably, I see a hot Rate hotel on HOTWIRE listed similarily for The Strip-South Area hotel, not sure if it's the same or will help your assessment. I would be willing to book on either site.

-$155/nt ($52.40 Tax recovery charges + fees)

-Pool(s)

-Business Center

-High-Speed Internet Access

-Golf Nearby

-Spa Services

-Accessibility for the blind

-Accessibility for the deaf

-Accessible path of travel

-In-room Accessible

-Accessible bathroom

-Roll-in shower

3. Based upon the high taxes of the PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal, I will probably opt to bid in order to push the room rate/nt to around $120-$130. I prefer all 5* in South Strip Vicinity EXCEPT 4 Seasons, but would accept any 5* in North Strip. What would you recommend for a bidding strategy, if I have given you enough information.

Longtime fan.

Glad to hear you like the board. :) If you've used PRICELINE or HOTWIRE in the past it would be appreciated if you started to share your wins with the board so that others can benefit from the information, just as you have benefited from those who have posted before you.

The hotel lists on the board only include hotels reported to the board. The 'bidding' and 'retail' sides of PRICELINE each use a different universe of hotels, so it's unknown if the Four Seasons participates (or just started to participate) with the 'name your own price' arm of their business and has simply not yet been reported to the board... or if they only participate in the 'retail' side.

1. Do I need to worry much about getting the 4 Seasons. I realize this is a tough question to answer.

You need to be willing to accept

any hotel in the zone at the star rating, or higher, that you select. If there is a hotel in the zone that you don't want, then you options are:

-don't include this zone in your bidding

-use HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS and choose an option that you are sure is not the one you're trying to avoid (in this example choosing a hotel with a Casnio icon)

-bid on PRICELINE only up to an amount where if you received your unwanted hotel it would still be a 'deal'

2. Please help me ID this PRICELINE express deal for Las Vegas Strip Vicinity South...

If as per below your first course of action will be to bid on PRICELINE, let's try that first, as you may never even need to look at these properties if your bidding is successful OR if your bids fail these may not be the hotels (or prices) offered once you're ready to consider them. Researching them only once you're ready to consider/commit to one of them will save us from doing double the work.

3. Based upon the high taxes of the PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal, I will probably opt to bid in order to push the room rate/nt to around $120-$130. I prefer all 5* in South Strip Vicinity EXCEPT 4 Seasons, but would accept any 5* in North Strip. What would you recommend for a bidding strategy, if I have given you enough information.

Given this area is bid frequently and we have never seen the Four Seasons reported to the board as a win, i would stay your chances are fairly low of receiving it, but it's possible they just started to offer inventory on the bidding side of PRICELINE and you could be the first to report a win for this property. If you receiving the Four Seasons would ruin your trip, then i would recommend only bidding the Strip North zone. However, given current prices in the Strip North zone i think it will cost you more than the ~$155 rates you're currently seeing in the Strip South zone... so you need to make a decision if you're willing to take a chance bidding the Strip South zone and risk getting the Four Seasons OR if you want to be 'safe' and only bid the Strip North zone but likely need to increase your budget in order to do so.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thus far no bid has been accepted:

BID - AREA ADDED

120 - Las Vegas Strip Vicinity South

125 - Las Vegas Strip North

129 - Summerlin

134 - Near Las Vegas Strip West

137 - Nellis - Las Vegas Speedway

139 - Henderson

144 - Boulder Strip

148 - Las Vegas Airport

I'm currently stewing on if I want to continue to raise my bid, take the $155 PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE hot RATE, or move on to booking direct with a 4/4.5* hotel. Stay tuned!

I'm bidding that same time for my b-day on 8/10. I'm curious as to why you wouldn't want the Four Seasons. <EDIT Now I see you don't want to be that far south> It seems like a nice place. Please keep us posted when you win a bid and I will do the same.

Thanks,

PTEL

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]