Hotwire Hotel: 3* Fort Lauderdale (Beach) Ocean Sky Resort

Wyomingtraveler
By Wyomingtraveler,
in

Hey all

I started a search for a pre-cruise hotel in FLL for 05/02/14-05/03/14 using the HOTWIRE link on this board and I get the following.

4* fro $72 in airport area with the following amenities, free parking, free breakfast, free internet, pet friendly, airport shuttle, smoke free rooms, fitness center, pools, and restaurants. I did not see any hotels listed here that match this list, so I just wondering if anyone knows what property this might be. Of course I know I still have plenty of time to book, a room, but this deal sound really good to me.

Thanks in advance

Are you still seeing a 4* in the zone above for these dates? If so, how many people are you searching for?

Additionally, keep in mind:

HOTWIRE has a new interface which is not currently showing the complete set of amenities at the usual point of the search process.

Please try the following:

use this link to search HOTWIRE

from the search results page click the offer for this hotel

on the next page click BOOK NOW (no worries about purchasing by accident since no credit card information is entered up to this point)

on the left side of the page click the 'See all amenities' link

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for the reply

I am looking at a 3* hotel not a 4*. I get the following list of amenities when following your instructions.

Free Parking - Free Breakfast - Free Internet - Pet Friendly - Airport Shuttle - Smoke Free Rooms - Fitness Center - Pool(s) - Restaurant(s0 - Business Center - High Speed Internet - Golf Nearby - Accessible for Death - Accessible Path of Travel - In-room Accessibility - Wheelchair Accessible - Accessible Bathroom - Handicapped Parking - Roll-in Shower

Also I am finding that the price went down to $70.

Is there also a Laundry amenity associated with this property?

If so, best guess would be the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport South.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...

Hi all

I have for a number of months been looking for a hotel from a pre and/or post cruise stay in Fort Lauderdale, but had never been too serious, as I had to book our airfare and that would determine the dates. In any event today I booked our tickets with Southwest from Denver. After doing that I used the HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links on this site to search for my pre-cruise hotel. I was hoping to get something near the beach, so I started my search on Hotwire and found a 3* hotel for $90 in the Fort Lauderdale beach zone. Using the amenities listed I narrowed this property to what I thought was the Ocean Sky Resort, but would not be sure until I booked it. Then checked out some reviews on this hotel. They seemed mixed, but was pleased to a large of good reviews. In any event I decided to try my luck on PRICELINE and started my bidding at $75, but unsuccessful, so I upped my bid to $80 and added the airport north bidding zone, as there were not 3* in that area. I was again unsuccessful, so I just decided to book the hotel at HOTWIRE and below is what I got.

3* Sky Ocean Resort for 05/02/2014-05/03/2014 for $90 + $19.95 (fees/taxes) = $109.59. Hotwire lists the hotel's amenities, as being Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Internet Access, Self Service Laundry, In-room accessibility, accessible for the deaf, accessible path of travel, and roll-in shower.

The hotel's website does show rates close to $150, so I am happy with my price. Also I understand that like most beach front hotels there is a parking fee ($15 at this hotel). Overall I am happy to get a breach front hotel for less than $100. Had previously stayed at the Westin and Sheraton Yankee Clipper and paid more through Priceline.

Now off to look for a post-cruise hotel in Fort Lauderdale, as well as rental car.

Congratulations on your success!

Thanks for using the HOTWIRE links on the board :)

We hope you're satisfied with the outcome and will like the hotel.

I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post, which would not have been seen unless you clicked the 'See all' link during the check-out process. Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the complete list of amenities associated with this property... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Enjoy your stay.

Yellowdog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]