Hotwire Hotel: San Sebastian (Spain) - Centro - Amara area hotel...ID help pls

gbingram
By gbingram,
in

San Sebastian (Spain) - Centro - Amara area hotels

Two deals for Aug 23-28, 2013:

1) 4-star, $131/night (standard price $213/night)

Free Internet

Near Beach

Smoke Free Rooms

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

In-room accessibility

Wheelchair accessible

Judging by the price and previous posts I think this is Silken Amara?

2) 3-star, $167/night

I might be losing it, but this one does not say what its amenities are? Trip Advisor 3.0 out of 5.0 rating.

thank-you!

Welcome (officially) to BetterBidding!

4-star, $131/night (standard price $213/night)
For the 4* property, HOTWIRE has a new interface which is not currently showing the complete set of amenities at the usual point of the search process.

Please try the following:

• use this link to search HOTWIRE
  • from the search results page click the offer for this hotel
  • on the next page click BOOK NOW (no worries about purchasing by accident since no credit card information is entered up to this point)
  • on the left side of the page click the 'See all amenities' link

If you follow the above, do you now see this complete set of amenities for this offer:

Free Internet

Near Beach

Smoke Free

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Room Accessible

Wheelchair Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

2) 3-star, $167/night

I might be losing it, but this one does not say what its amenities are? Trip Advisor 3.0 out of 5.0 rating.

With no amenities showing and more expensive than the property above, lower rated than the property above, and a 3.0/5.0 TA rating (also less then the property above) why even an interest in this one... is there something in particular you are looking for from this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Excellent, thanks for the directions...will be sure to post full amenities list and use those links!

You are right, there probably aren't many scenarios where I would pay more for a lesser star. However, one might be closer to the beach! Also, I've found some 3 stars have higher satisfaction ratings than some 4 stars...

Also, I've found some 3 stars have higher satisfaction ratings than some 4 stars...

With the 3.0 TA rating that won't be the case here ;)

Best guess for the 4* would be the Hotel Silken Amara Plaza.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]