Priceline Hotel: 3* New York City (Madison Square Garden - Convention) Tryp Times Square South

longlighter
By longlighter,
in

Hello,

My wife and I plan to pay our first trip to NYC from 9/19 till 9/22, and we're looking for a 3.5-4.0 star hotel in the areas from downtown upmost to Central Park South in MHT, convenient transport preferable, for $100-$150 per nite.

Any advice for the bid and what can be found?

Thanks a lot!!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Unfortunately, this is a busy period in the city (9/15-12/15 is generally expensive, with few exceptions.) Unfortunately, $150 is unlikely going to be enough for these date/s - I think unfortunately it's going to take closer to $200 for these date/s for a 3.5* and above and most likely above $200 for Midtown zone/s.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

as matter of fact, I booked 3 nights at TRYP Times Square South, which is a 3*, from 9/19 till 9/22 at $223 per nite.

I tried checking the info. among this board and hotwire and Priceline, but only to find the bidding price outnumbered the rate that hotwire offered, so I booked through hotwire right away.

Now I guess I've paid more for a 3* hotel in New York.

However, I really appreciate your reply and help.

First timer with this board and HW+PL.

My wife and I plan to pay our first visit to NYC for 3 days from China, we thought $150 or so would do with a 3-3.5* hotel in late September, but it didn't seem so.

After struggling with the hotel and guests ratings, amenities, location and surroundings......on line for quite few days, probably this isn't a good bargain for I went check the Board's Priceline Maps, and just found out that the rate of mine outnumbered the second place for almost $20.

Guess it's not so easy to learn how to bid on PRICELINE, and this is the lesson for me to learn.

Hope to get advice and help from experts and we'll cut budget during the trip to come.

Thanks alot!!!

Oh, I learned this from this board. Guess one can locate the hotel and its name by compiling the info. from different sources so as to know the features of the hotel that he looks for.

for example, the same star rated hotels of a certain area on PL and HW vary of their amenities, so one can use info of this kind to tell the names HW and PL hide when people are bidding. You may have a try, even though it's not 100% precise, but it's interesting.

Congrats on your success. :)

Still a very good deal for a busy time of year. Keep in mind rates vary (sometimes substantially) from day-to-day. The cheapest rate showing for this hotel on the hotel website for these dates is $320.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]