Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (North Michigan Ave - River North) Hotel Felix Chicago

yoscooter
By yoscooter,
in

I've been using your links bidding on a 4* for 8/1 for 3 nights, 3 rooms in the Millenium park and NMA zones, using free rebids up to $178 with no success, for the last couple weeks. Was curious what you thought it would take to get these rooms, how high of a bid it would take. On Hotwire there is one 4* available for $192. Express deals are all $200+

I'm also wondering if you know how long the Priceline "summer" discount will be around.

Thanks!

The issue with these date/s is that the Lollapalooza Festival is going on 8/2-4. I would suggest focusing on NMA largely because while that's unfortunately going to be expensive too, people are going to first go for the hotels in the Loop, South of the River. How many people are going to be in each room?

I believe the SUMMER code *MAY* be going until 7/31.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Yes, I knew the concert was going, just bad timing. I'm booking for some friends and it will be 2 per room. I'm hoping as it gets closer maybe some more rooms will be released. I'm hoping to get them something at $180 or less, but with the discount will probably go a little higher. Thanks for your input, and all the info on this site.

Hopefully some additional inventory will come online, but I really would keep an eye on rates because (at least traditionally) this has been a busy period up until the last minute given the amount of people coming to the concert (and the hotels likely believe they can get some last minute walk-ins to pay full price.) I'm seeing a 4* in the Mag Mile-River North area for $192 for these date/s and I'm kind of surprised that it's available for that price, given Lollapalooza.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

To get an idea/comparison, what hotel do you have a back-up reservation at?

I'm seeing a 4* in the Mag Mile-RN area w/

Boutique Hotel

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

...This amenity set has been seen with the Felix, Sax or Palomar, but I would lean towards it being the Sax.

• 2 weeks later...

Good to know there's something available. My kids are booked at University Center, a dorm near Grant Park, at $52 per person, including breakfast. I'm thinking about going, but don't think my husband wants twin beds, nor my kids want us in the same building. I'll post if I win something.

Let us know if you need any help - additionally, the suburbs are often quite a bit less expensive than downtown. The reason why these date/s are highly expensive (and will probably remain so, unfortunately) is because the Lollapalooza festival is happening in Grant Park between 8/2-4.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]