Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Downtown - Financial District) World Center Hotel

lestofunk
By lestofunk,
in

Hi, I won a bid last november thanks to your suggestions and I really enjoyed my stay at W downtown...

I'll be in NYC again from aug 20th to 26th with my wife and I'd like to stay in the same area (downtown-financial)

Do you have any idea about 4.5* hotels? W is included in those? Last time no 4.5 were in the list...

During that period the median retail price for a 4.5 star hotel in Downtown is $234

Average winning bid: $168/night

Any suggestion for my bid?

Thanks

The W Downtown is currently 4.5* rated by PRICELINE... i've updated the New York City Priceline Hotel List to reflect this change.

While Downtown is usually a good option when prices in midtown are too high, for your dates rates in midtown are actually quite reasonable and may actually be less than staying Downtown... is Downtown the only zone you're willing to consider for this trip?

With the W Downtown available HERE for $235/nite for your dates, how high are you willing to bid for any 4.5* property in the zone?

On a side note, and for comparison purposes, i think you may be looking as low as $135-$155 for a 4* hotel in midtown.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Your suggestions are precious as usual...

I've just booked the W downtown from aug 22 to 26 thanks to a fantastic promo rate ($199 taxes included :lol: ) so now I'm looking for a 4.5* or 4* from 20 to 22nd... only 2 days... rates at the W seem to be really expensive.. more than 300 bucks.

I know that moving from an hotel to another is a little bit uncomfortable but...

What about a 4* Downtown... just for 2 days... what would be the right bid??

Thanx

PS

I always use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin my travel purchases ;)

Not sure thru which service you booked the W Downtown, but if direct on their website, please not that we are an affiliate of the W Hotels as well as most other major hotel chains and online agencies, please check for and use the links there whenever possible.

For Downtown Aug 20-22 i'd guess you're likely looking in the $165-$185 area. Let us know what you'd like to use as your maximum bid and we'll advise accordingly.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Not sure thru which service you booked the W Downtown, but if direct on their website, please not that we are an affiliate of the W Hotels as well as most other major hotel chains and online agencies, please check for and use the links there whenever possible.
Ok thanks.. i will do it for sure...
For Downtown Aug 20-22 i'd guess you're likely looking in the $165-$185 area. Let us know what you'd like to use as your maximum bid and we'll advise accordingly.
$165-185 is definitely my area... max bid $200 but for a real 4.5* or 5*... I know it's not easy...

Really thanks

At current rates i don't think you have much chance for a 4.5* or 5* at $200 or less in the Downtown zone... did you wan to try this first anyway? Are you ready to try for a 4* hotel in this zone or are you waiting and holding out hope for a higher rated hotel?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

When bidding 4* in NYC you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Downtown and re-bid zone2...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $165

If the above is rejected wait 24 hours and re-try, once again using this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $175, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Downtown and re-bid zone2...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $185

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Last Question... do you think I could have a chance to win a bid offering $200 for a 4.5* or 5* in another zone??

Possible... but doubtful. looks like you'd need to be closer to $220-$240 for a 4.5* hotel in a different zone, is my guess.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and how we can assist further.

Congratulations on your success!

While one of the properties you were hoping to avoid, glad to see that for this price you're still pleased with the results and can make this work for your needs before you change over the W Downtown.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

PS- i like this pizza place not too far from your hotel(s). It's a restaurant, not a slice shop, and the 'grandma style pies' are very good and reasonably priced for the quality of ingredients that are used (drinks are on the high side thought, like the rest of Manhattan):

Adrienne's Pizza Bar

54 Stone St

New York, NY 10004

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]