Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Minneapolis (Downtown) Hotel Ivy

DCowboy
By DCowboy,
in

Tried for a 4* starting at $45 with a total of 18 rebid options. After failing 11 bids to secure the downtown area I jumped to $70 and was still rejected but some forum posts indicate recent successes at $47 and upwards (but not higher than $70) for the same * & area !?!?

Does anyone know if these rates would be accepted closer to my check-in date or is this based on current hotel vacancy rates?

Not sure what's going on in Minneapolis on these date/s, but rates are MUCH higher than usual (HOTWIRE has a 4.5* for $185 and a 4* for $255). What would be your desired max budget per night for this stay?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Looks like I'd be dropping my * level down to 3 - 3.5 and shooting for the most $70... which after using this forum for so long feels like they (the hotels) are finally getting back at me :)

***EDIT***

AaronJB - what are your thoughts on cost / night to stay in the downtown area for these dates? I'm thinking I have a few more rebid options and I'm contemplating if it is worth pushing my maximum up to meet the range.

***/EDIT***

AaronJB mentioned the Hotwire rates. Priceline "tends" to be a little lower, but not necessarily so. Still, the Hotwire rates can give you a good general idea of what it might take to be successful.

Have you noticed the 5% off Priceline and PRICELINE EXPRESS in thereuare's signature line? That would help a little.

Have you considered a hotel in the airport area? With the light rail downtown, that can be a workable less-expensive solution. The difference is enough that it might cover some cab fare.

Romelle

I think you're looking at at least the $145-165 neighborhood for a 4* downtown, possibly a tad higher given how busy it is for these date/s. A number of hotels look to be sold out. Lower can be tried, but these date/s are just unusually expensive for Minneapolis.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

So the saga continued....

I ended up going back and bidding again but this time I started with an opening bid of $150 and incremented by $5 each time. Based on your comments and the information pulled from some of the hotel websites I was expecting to at least get the Crown Plaza for $170/night. See below for bids and info and the winning bid.... Thanks once again for the great advice.

1st bid $150 - rejected but informed if I bid $36 more I would get a hotel.

2nd bid $155 - rejected.

3rd bid $160 - rejected.

4th bid $165 - Won Hotel Ivy (4.5*)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]