Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Van Buren Holiday Inn Express and Suites Van Buren-Ft Smith Area

fishbudgreg
By fishbudgreg,
in

We are on our way to New Mexico and plan to stop for the night in the Van Buren or Fort Smith, Arkansas area. We prefer Van Buren since it is closer to I40. The only amenities we would like are free parking and free breakfast in a 3-star (we don't see anything with a higher rating than that) hotel. My question is what is a good bidding strategy? I am already familiar with the re-bidding process but the lack of any hotels with higher than a 3-star rating seems to limit my options? Please help. Thanks.

BTW...we plan to stop for the night on July 25, 2013 if that makes a difference.

The only amenities we would like are free parking and free breakfast in a 3-star (we don't see anything with a higher rating than that) hotel. My question is what is a good bidding strategy?

Few things to cover first...

The highest star rating offered in the Van Buren zone is 2.5*, but at this star level PRICELINE lists both FREE PARKING and FREE BREAKFAST as a guaranteed amenity (and also lists a minimum user review rating of 9.0/10.0, which would seem very good and may influence your decision for a 3* minimum knowing that any 2.5* you receive from PRICELINE from bidding will be one that is well reviewed by previous guests).

The highest star rating offered in Van Buren is 3* but while FREE PARKING is listed as a guaranteed amenity... FREE BREAKFAST is not so the hotel you receive may or may not offer this as an included amenity. As well, the minimum user review at this star rating would be 7.0/10.0.

Let us know your thoughts on how you'd like to proceed, as well as your maximum bid, and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for pointing that out. We could certainly live with a 2.5 star rating with good reviews. So looking at the 5 available hotels in the Van Buren area, the 2 that are 2.5 stars or greater go for $85 and $93 (on HOTWIRE). So I'm thinking a maximum bid should be around $70? Does that sound reasonable? I really don't know but would be happy saving a little money and ecstatic saving more! :-)

When bidding 2.5* in the Van Buren area you have SEVEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 2.5* Van Buren...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know ho it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a nice deal for this property and that you're happy with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay and have a great trip!.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]