Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (North Michigan Ave - River North) Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago

Canada2012
By Canada2012,
in

I am flexible on my dates but decided to try the weekend Fri July 26th-Mon July 29th with no luck

NMA 5*-$80

-$85 added Franklin Park

-$90 added Hyde Park

-$95 added Lincoln Park

-$98 added Midway North

-$100 added Skokie

-$105 added The Loop

All rejected

Loop *4-$80

-$85 added Franklin Park

-$90 added Hyde Park

-$95 added Midway North

-$100 added Skokie

-$105 added NMA

All rejected

also noticed Lincoln Park now has 4 star hotels.

Now I would try Thu July 25th-Sun July 28th but wonder if the same outcome would happen. Just curious to know what you may think I might have to bid up to? No need to ask me what the highest I will go would be, I want to know though what the amount might have to be so I get a successful bid.

Hotels.com and Hotwire list Club Quarters Hotel and Central Loop Hotel for $134 a night (Canadian Dollars). Although they are 3.5 Star hotels.

At the 4* level you're likely not that far off - I'd guess $110-120. At the 5* level, I'm guessing you're looking at more in the $200 neighborhood. I'd guess the Hotel Lincoln is now at the 4* level in Lincoln Park (in regards to LP now showing 4* as an option.)

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

The Hotel Sax has previously been seen with this amenity set so that would be a likely candidate, but as virtually all 4* hotels in the city would offer these amenities, i wouldn't be too surprised if it was something else.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I had changed dates from Fri July 26th-Mon July 29th to Thu July 25th-Sun July 28th as I was unsuccessful like I posted with those dates and bids but I was also unsuccessful with the following bids

NMA 4*- $75

- $80 with Franklin Park

- $85 with Hyde Park

- $90 with Midway North

- $95 with Skokie

Loop 4*- $75

- $80 with Franklin Park

- $85 with Hyde Park

- $90 with Midway North

- $95 with Skokie

- $100 with NMA

So I decided to try the weekend dates once again Fri July 26th-Mon July 29th:

NMA 4*- $80 "failed"

- $85 with Franklin Park "failed"

- $90 with Hyde Park "failed"

- $95 with Midway North---ACCEPTED

Never stayed at this hotel and never stayed in the North Michigan Ave-River North Area before. My previous three trips I stayed in The Loop area: Renaissance Chicago Downtown, Hyatt Regency Chicago and Blackstone Renaissance. Looking forward to this stay at the Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel. Any info on the place would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again guys, my gf has never been to Chi-Town and she is looking forward to it.

Congrats on your success :)

Very nice win for this property during a busier period. This is a well-located and very historic property at the North end of the Michigan Ave. area. It used to be the Playboy Club in the '70's (the grand ballroom's famed dance floor is lit from underneath) and was rumored to be a hideout for Capone at one time. It was given a pretty significant renovation a few years ago.

Let us know if you have any city questions.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

A cab would be fairly expensive - I'd guess you're looking at $25-30ish. You can take the CTA orange line from Midway to Roosevelt and transfer there to the Red Line. Then, take the Red Line North to the Chicago Ave stop. From there, it's a fairly short stroll East to Michigan Ave, then head North a bit to Walton and half a block over. (cta map: http://www.transitchicago.com/assets/1/maps/ctatrainmap.png)

Let us know if you have any other city questions.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]