Hotwire Hotel: Help identify hotel 4* Downtown Portland 8/11-8/14

Havanah Joe
By Havanah Joe,
in

Planning a trip to Portland for the first time. I rented a private condo on a recent trip to NYC and loved it, but there aren't many places in Downtown portland for a decent price, so I started going back to my

Priceline/Hotwire techniques.

I found a 4* hotel in Downtown portland for $124 a night. I think it's the Benson, but wanted to see if you guys could help confirm:

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Tripadvisor rating 4 out of 5.0

Would Priceline be a good option? I think public transit is good but I'd be worried about ending up at the DeLuxe on the other side of the 405 or the Riverplace, since those seem to be "far". The Priceline express deals only have two 4* hotels for $183, so I don't know if I could get a lower price by bidding on a 4* downtown hotel than this Hotwire offer.

Thanks!

HOTWIRE has a new interface which is not currently showing the complete set of amenities at the usual point of the search process.

Please try the following:

• use this link to search HOTWIRE
  • from the search results page click the offer for this hotel
  • on the next page click BOOK NOW (no worries about purchasing by accident since no credit card information is entered up to this point)
  • on the left side of the page click the 'See all amenities' link

If you follow the above, do you now see this complete set of amenities for this offer:

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Roll-in Shower

If this is the complete list of the amenities you're seeing then the Benson would be my best guess for this one.

If you're not comfortable receiving a hotel anywhere within the shaded region of the zone, then HOTWIRE may be a better option for this trip since you can take a guess as to the hotel you may receive. Also, this property receives a 4.5/5.0 rating for 'Location' from previous HOTWIRE guests, so assuming that most would consider the other side of 405 to a poor location, the high rating from previous guests would suggest that this property is well located (should be be wrong with our guess of the Benson).

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hmm I don't see an all amenities link on the secure checkout page (after clicking on book now). The list I got is from See All Amenities on the page right after clicking on the hotel offer. I removed the description below each one.

The Benson is on the right side of the 405, it's the deLuxe that seems far, but reviews on TripAdvisor seem to like the distance. I think for the price, knowing that it's the Benson it would be a good option, but the deLuxe does have a higher TripAdvisor rating (4.5 vs 4 of the Benson). The transit system is apparently very good but being able to walk to everything would be preferable.

After clicking the BOOK NOW button the 'See all amenities' link is on the top left side of the page within the 'Your Trip Summary' box.

If you don't see this and are interested in this property i can probably post a link that will show all the amenities that you can book with, but the link will expire about 30 minutes after posting so you'll need to be ready to purchase.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Here's what I see, and I do see all the amenities you posted on there. The link is just on the right side of the page, in the Trip Summary box :) I was also thinking it would let me copy, but the box disappears after a few seconds.

So it does look like the Benson with those amenities.

HOTWIRE is currently testing a few layouts so it's quite possible that you're seeing something slightly different then i am... but please make sure that you are on the US version of their site.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright so I missed out on that offer and now I am seeing a different hotel pop up.

It's for $137 a night, 4* from 8/11 to 8/14. Amenities are:

Pet Friendly

Boutique Hotel

Fitness Center

Restaurant

High Speed Internet

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

If it wasn't for the Pet Friendly ammenity, I would say it was the DeLuxe, but if it didn't have the Boutique part it would be The Benson

Thoughts?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]