Hotwire Hotel: Help ID 3.5* Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park - Grant Park

Rachcu13
By Rachcu13,
in

Need help IDing this Hotel. I've done the research as I often try Hotwire or Priceline for trips, but haven't won in a while so I don't post much. I checked Expedia for Comparisons on Hotel Amenities, and I'm 95% sure its Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro Downtown off Halsted and Madison. This is actually near my good friend who lives on S. Halstead and 16th. So I'm happy with this property, but am I completely wrong? If you look at the Hotwire Map for this area, it pulls far west past the highway right where this hotel is located.

3.5* Chicago Loop - Theater District. $104 per night

Fitness Center

Restaurant

Business Center

High Speed Internet

Golf Nearby

Accessible for Blind

Accessible for Deaf

Accessible path of travel

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped Parking

In-room accessibility

Roll-in Shower

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all,

Need help identifying this hotel at least somewhat. 3.5-star Hotel in Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park - Grant Park $109 per night.

The only hotel you have listed in the list is Silversmith, and this might be fine, but is there a chance it's something else?

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Free Internet

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Recommended:

In 90% of Hotwire customer reviews.

This is all that is listed, even when you click through to almost buy it.

Please let me know if anyone can help!

As the Silversmith has previously been seen with a different amenity set then this, it could very easily be a different hotel (or this hotel with a new amenity set)... unfortunately i don't have any insight into this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As the Silversmith has previously been seen with a different amenity set then this, it could very easily be a different hotel (or this hotel with a new amenity set)... unfortunately i don't have any insight into this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Any other thoughts anyone? I feel like this is an OK deal but it could be bad news. This is within my budget for my group. I need 2 rooms. Any other suggestions, dates non flexible.

Thanks,

Rachel

I have 2 in each room, and 4 people total so need 2 rooms. I noticed Club Quarters only has single beds, is that the case in the entire hotel?

Anything decent and near downtown is what I'm looking for. We are going to Market Days, so near Public Transit is what I need really too.

Thanks!

The issue with the city is that once you start getting out of the downtown area, there's really not very much until you get out into the 'burbs.

Club Quarters properties often offer rooms on the smaller side; I believe both properties do have some larger rooms, but they are paid upgrades and PRICELINE/HOTWIRE reservations are not eligible - additionally, these bigger rooms are not two beds, I believe they are 1 + sofa.

Rates for these date/s unfortunately appear as if they have gone higher - what would be your desired budget per night?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I noticed Club Quarters only has single beds, is that the case in the entire hotel?

Is two beds a must? You risk getting one bed when using PRICELINE or indicating 2 or less per room on HOTWIRE.

Please provide the full list of amenities showing with the 4* and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID the listing.

You could get a cheaper rate with PRICELINE, but PRICELINE only guarantees 1 bed/double occupancy.

Better rates at the last minute have been seen less often over the last few years as rates overall have gone higher.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

New Option: Please Help. I don't necessarily need 2 beds now. Change of plans.

4* Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower area hotel - $131 a night.

Only 75% Recommended. (is that bad?)

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Roll-in shower

do I need to start a new topic or is this OK?

As you have (correctly) done, we ask that you use the same thread for all posts for this stay... once you win a hotel use the EDIT TO REPORT WIN button on the lower right corner of this page to report your win (it's only visible to the OP and it can only be used once as it will disappear once it's used)

Best guess for the Water Tower property above would be the Millennium Knickerbocker.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Any 3.5 star Loop hotel for $109 is a bargain in the summertime. If you do get the Silversmith you are getting my favorite hotel in Chicago, by far.

That said, a 4 star downtwon under $150 is a sweet deal too. I've never stayed in River North or Mag Mile area but my wife has and finds it delightful. I would say that all of your options look pretty solid in this thread.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]