Hotwire Hotel: Need help choosing DC area hotel

TH44
By TH44,
in

Family of 4 (3 adult, 1 child) staying in Washington DC for first time 7/14-7/20. We will be site seeing and then watching a Nationals' game on the 19th. Have been trying to find the most convenient/safest and reasonably priced area to stay. I have had good luck on HOTWIRE for the rest of this trip and am hoping to find something here in DC too, but there are so many choices I am having a hard time figuring it out. Any advice would be appreciated! I would like to stay around $100/night, but would love to find a bargain or would pay more if needed.

Thanks!

What looks to be the Westin Alexandria is offered for $135/nite... it's outside the city but if correct it's close to the metro, would this work for your needs?

If not, is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option, as it looks like rates get substantially cheaper for the last 3/4 nites of your stay (vs. the first 2/3 nites)?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I had been looking at one I thought was the Holiday Inn in Alexandria for $128, but didn't know if Alexandria was the best choice or if I could go with one of the more affordable areas that come up. It is really tough not being familiar with the area and having so many choices. I did also consider splitting my stay as I noticed that it is cheaper toward the weekend. I am still looking. I am using the BB HOTWIRE link for my search!

...but didn't know if Alexandria was the best choice or if I could go with one of the more affordable areas that come up.
... but nothing cheaper is coming up inside the 'downtown' areas.
I did also consider splitting my stay as I noticed that it is cheaper toward the weekend.
Let us know how you decide you'd like to proceed. Keep us updated on your progress and let us know how we can be of further help along the way.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Think I am going to have to spend quite a bit more to get the room I want.

Any ideas what this might be?

3* Capitol Hill $213

Amenities

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

High speed Internet

Blind accessible

Deaf accessible

Travel accessible

I am trying to find something still or considering booking direct with Embassy Suites Chevy Chase.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]