Priceline Hotel: 4* No. VA (Airport IAD Dulles) Marriott Westfields

sgriff
By sgriff,
in

Hi,

First Priceline use - one day before I *had* to make the trip. AAA, Marriott website,

Hotel's desk, company discount all $289-$299. (Lots of conventions in the area.)

Trying to get that specific hotel and day, and adding nearby areas without 4* hotels,

bid $168, $190, then accepted at $201.

-s

PS I saw that Marriott at just 3* on their "Shop and Compare" website the day I bid.

(It's 4* there now.) Is there any correspondence between the Priceline "Shop and Compare"

hotels, areas, and star ratings and the name-your-own-price service ? Is there a continually

updated list of Priceline name-your-own-price hotels with star ratings ?

As one who has posted some of those "amazing" prices for the Marriott Westfields, I can advise others bidding on this hotel that all but one of them have been for Friday or Saturday nights. Partly because of its "hidden" location, this hotel is not well known by the general public even locally, and a lot of its business comes from conferences, which are its "niche."

Because these are seldom held on weekends, the Priceline price for the Westfields goes even more dramatically down on weekends than it does other hotels in Northern Virginia, even thogh this pattern is in general true of No. Va. hotels since the area is much more a business than tourist destination.

In a way this is odd and a great opportunity for the Priceline purchaser, since the Westfields has a resort feel, secluded in a forest with Old Virginia Hunt Country Manor architecture. and is a great weekend getaway hotel.

But sometimes you can score a great deal on a weeknight at the Westfields if its conference bookings are slim....for instance, even though sgriff had to go up to $201 on a Thursday night to get the Westfields, and I otherwise have not found it available on weeknights for anything like I've gotten it on weekends, I did win it once on a Thursday night for $50.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]