Priceline Hotel: Washington DC in SEPTEMBER 3.5 and 4*

wigor
By wigor,
in

Hello,

Looking for a room, 3.5-4*, from Sept 22-29. Max budget is $120 per night.

My preferred zones are:

Whitehouse - Downtown area"

Dupont Circle"

Is it a reasonable price for what I'm looking for? And what would be the best strategy?

Thanks in advance!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Yes, your budget is in the right ballpark. If you're ready to move forward with bidding, let us know if you're willing to pay more for a 4* hotel vs. a 3.5* property OR if your goal is the least expensive property in either zone (in other words did you want to first try for a 4* hotel up to your $120 limit... or first try for a lower priced 3.5* property)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd slow down a bit... your stay is 3+ months away so i wouldn't jump right away to 3.5 stars as i think you're very close to a 4* hotel win.

Are you willing to bid up to your stated maximum bid of $120 before lowering your star rating to 3.5*?

As well, HOTWIRE has what looks to be the Omni Shoreham for $121/nite... would this work for your needs and worth extending your budget by $1/nite?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Based upon the above let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

In hotwire I have just found 3* starting from $127 for the period 22th to 29th September.

In book a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal I have found 4* starting from $137.

Today I began bidding in $100 till $120 for a 4* property but I got nothing.

Then I tried 3.5* starting from $80 till $90 but I got nothing too.

Bad luck. Tomorrow I will try a a little higher.

What about the 4* Dupont Circle zone i referenced above for $121/nite?

PRICELINE EXPRESS is also currently showing a 4* hotel in the White House zone for $103/nite (Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Business Center, Fitness Center).

Hello

I am sorry, but I did not found these 3.5 * and 4* properties in Priceline Express and Hotwire during the period 22th to 29th September in Washington DC (White House Dowtonwn or Dupont Circle - National Zoo) you mentioned.

In hotwire I have just found 3* starting from $127.

In priceline express I have found 4* starting from $137.

I have tried the link you sent at White House $103, but the results shows all area in Washington for the period from 22th to 29th September, and for any star.

I have made a searh using these patterns: 2 people, 22th to 29th september, dupont circle and Whitehouse - Downtown area, starting in 3.5*

The result shows a 4* in Dupont Circle for $136 and this is the chepeast one.

The previous 4* White House hotel at $103 is no longer available.

HOTWIRE has what appears to be the 4* Omni Shoreham for $128/nite... would this be of any interest?

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]