Priceline Hotel: 3.5* San Francisco (Fishermans Wharf) Marriott San Francisco Fishermans Wharf

stevo369
By stevo369,
in

Looking to stay at the Wharf during a busy time unfortunately, July 5, July 6, July 7. Hoping I can get The Marriott like I got last year, but I will settle for the Sheraton, Radisson, Hilton. If all else fails, the Holiday Inn. What should my price expectations be? The listing on Priceline is approx. $299/night for 3.5*

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Hotwire Las Vegas thread (post in that thread what you decided for that stay), then reply to this thread and we'll be happy to look into the above. Please follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

When bidding 3.5* in San Francisco you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 3.5* Fishermans Wharf...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Fishermans Wharf and re-bid zone5...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $170

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Keep us updated and let us know how the next round of bidding goes.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck!

Ok round 3 and 4 of Bidding. I maxed out at $215/night with no acceptance. Looks like they want $250/night+. I am wondering if I should try for $250 or go back to a 3*. I would want the Marriott Courtyard in the 3*, but I guess I would settle for the Holiday Inn if its centrally located.. In the 3.5*, I know the Hotels are an upgrade like the Marriott Fish Wharf which is real nice. I still would like 3.5* unless I def know the 3* is the Courtyard.

Decisions, Decisions?

HOTWIRE has a 3.5* for these dates in Fisherman's Wharf for $216 (the price you see may vary slightly.) Would any other areas be acceptable? Union Square would be cheaper (HOTWIRE has a 4* in USW for $162.)

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Yea, thanks. I prefer the WHarf. I will check hotwire and see what is has to offer and I will check this site for what Hotels people got on Hotwire as I never used it before. Marriott Brand is expensive and unfortunately that's what I would prefer. Obviously SHeraton, Hilton, Hyatt and Radisson are nice too and those would be fine as they are comparable.

Yea, thanks. I prefer the WHarf. I will check HOTWIRE and see what is has to offer and I will check this site for what Hotels people got on Hotwire as I never used it before. Marriott Brand is expensive and unfortunately that's what I would prefer. Obviously SHeraton, Hilton, Hyatt and Radisson are nice too and those would be fine as they are comparable.

The hotels on HOTWIRE, where they give you the hint, are you guaranteed to get one of those hotels? Hotwires has 3* for $200 and 3.5* for $214

PRICELINE median recommended price for a 3* in the Wharf is $282, a 3.5* is $319. For theat smnall a difference, I might as well stick with 3.5*, right?

Should I expect similar price from the 3* in the wharf? Right Now I am maxed out at $215 yesterday for 3.5* in the WHarf, I might go up to $240-$250, what should I expect to pay for a 3*, will I get a good price? Meaning, can I get away with $150/night which would save me $300 on 3 days.

The median price showed by PRICELINE is meaningless and has not been useful in determining a bidding strategy or bidding limit.

Currently i think you're likely looking at approximately $200-$220 for a 4* hotel, $180-$200 for a 3.5* property, and $170-$190 for a 3* hotel.

If you're looking save some money and don't need to be in the Fisherman's Wharf zone i would look at USE and/or USW where you can probably get a 4* hotel in the $140-$160 area.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals for $187/night 3* in Fish Wharf is below, 45% Savings, no bidding required. 3.5* is $252 (20% savings)

These are listed as Guaranteed Amenities for the 3*: Maybe Holiday Inn, Radisson or Courtyard?

Free Internet

Restaurant

Business Center

Fitness Center

Which Hotel/Hotels do you think would it be. I could also start a 3* Fish Wharf Bidding at $125/night and MAx out at *175, Decisions? Or MAybe I can Bid 3.5* in the Wharf and Max out at $225/night.

Are you still seeing the 3* at $187/nite as the 3* i'm seeing in this zone is priced at $227/nite.

Looking to stay at the Wharf during a busy time unfortunately, July 5, July 6, July 7...

Can you also confirm your dates as to whether this is a 3 nite stay (July 5-July 8) or a 2 nite stay (July 5-July 7)? I've been searching as if it were a 3 nites stay and check-out is July 8.

The Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Radisson and Courtyard, although the Holiday Inn Express and Courtyard would be more likely out of the four.

What are you looking for? Do you want to go for a cheaper (although still expensive given how these date/s are) 3* or do you want to push higher for a 3.5*?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

The Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Radisson and Courtyard, although the Holiday Inn Express and Courtyard would be more likely out of the four.

What are you looking for? Do you want to go for a cheaper (although still expensive given how these date/s are) 3* or do you want to push higher for a 3.5*?

Those 3* Hotels above are fine and their location is real good. What do you recommend I start my bidding for those 3* Hotels? I am already maxed out at $215 for 3.5* and may be willing to go up to $235 for 3.5*. For 3* Hotels, I am not sure, but if I can save $200 total on a 3*, I would do it.

Thanks

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]