Priceline Hotel: Rome & Florence In October

afoot
By afoot,
in

Hello,

I'm going to Rome & Florence in October.

The dates are as follows:

Rome: Oct 18-20

Florence: Oct 20-24

I have a preference for 5* hotels but will probably only get 4* with my budget. My bidding limit is $175/night for Rome and $150/night for Florence..

What is the best way to bid for this seeing that the zones for Rome have significantly changed from what is seen in the Hotel List?

I want to stay in Central Rome e.g. spanish steps, termini station areas (if possible)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

We will use this thread for the Rome leg of your trip and your recently created Florence Hotwire thread for that leg of your trip.

To move forward, please read your messages and click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't know if you saw my recent post, but I looked at the zones and determined that the ones I'd be happy with were Coliseum/Termini, Spanish Steps, Piazza Navona and Vatican. There are also 3 free re-bid zones at the 4* level. It's always worth trying some lowball bids to see if you get anywhere. Florence looks to be cheaper than Rome. I have bid up to $93 for a stay earlier that same month, another member has bid up to $125 for 4* with no luck.

I want to stay in Central Rome e.g. spanish steps, termini station areas (if possible)

Is it only these two zones that you want to bid or are there others? Please list all acceptable zones, by PRICELINE name, and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Did you want to try for a 5* first or start at the 4* level?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding 5* in Rome you have THIRTEEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 5* Spanish Steps, Colisseum Termini, Veneto, Piazza Navona, Vatican City...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $163, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $168, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $173, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175

Any questions feel free to ask. If the above is rejected and you're ready to try at the 4* level just post back and we'll revise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

unfortunately all rejected.. i went all the way up to $215 as well and got rejected !!!

I saw this on the HOTWIRE link

$266 night from Oct 18-20 5 stars in the Pantheon area with the following amenities and 100% hotwire recommended:

Pet friendly

Pet friendly - terms apply

Boutique Hotel

Property offers a distinctive, unique or eclectic atmosphere. Many boutique hotels are smaller, hip properties in an urban setting, or renovated hotels with historical flair.

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

High-Speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

can anyone ID?

also can I get a strategy to bid up to $266? Do you think that I will be able to get a better hotel than the one above from price line?

Please post only the amenity names (and not the descriptions) as you can see how much easier it is to read and helps minimize the chance that we'll miss an amenity when researching your trip.

5 stars in the Pantheon $266 night from Oct 18-20

Pet Friendly

Boutique

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

... however, i'm not seeing this property when searching HOTWIRE for your dates, are you still seeing this on your own HOTWIRE search? If so, are you searching for more than one room or for something other than the default 2adults/0chldren?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please post only the amenity names (and not the descriptions) as you can see how much easier it is to read and helps minimize the chance that we'll miss an amenity when researching your trip.

5 stars in the Pantheon $266 night from Oct 18-20

Pet Friendly

Boutique

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

... however, i'm not seeing this property when searching HOTWIRE for your dates, are you still seeing this on your own HOTWIRE search? If so, are you searching for more than one room or for something other than the default 2adults/0chldren?

I just checked and the price has changed to $308

Small prices changes are probably caused by currency exchange rate changes. The US dollar has gotten a little weaker against the Euro recently. About 3cents on the dollar. This shift from $266 to $308 is more than that though. I've watch some very specific US situations in the past. There seemed to be a tendency for the prices to be a bit higher on weekends and then go back down during the week. You've got enough time to see if this rate comes back down, if you care to wait a little.

Romelle

$300 is out of my budget...

I just found for the same dates at Termini Station $232.98 5* hotel with the following amenities:

Pet friendly

Smoke Free Rooms

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Roll-in shower

Can anyone ID?

I got rejected for PRICELINE up to $240 so i think the above deal is better

Please change the drop down menu on the top right of HOTWIRE's page to United States and the currency dropdown to US Dollars. Then continue to search HOTWIRE and post to the board in US Dollars so that rates are consistent and not subject to interpretation due to future currency fluctuation. Once you're ready to purchase stay on the US version of their site and simply change the drop down menu to whatever currency you'd like to use and complete your purchase.

Using the method above what is the room rate per nite in US Dollars?

• 2 months later...

How have you faired in Florence ?

afoot seems to have stalled out for both Rome and Florence. If you'd like to send a personal message all you have to do is click on her/his screen name. Then there is a place that says something like "send message".

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]