Hotwire Hotel: Help ID White House - Downtown Area Hotel

jw2013
By jw2013,
in

I see two deals I am interested. Can you please help identify which hotel this might be?

Date: 7/3 - 7/6, two adults and two kids.

1. White House - Downtown Area Hotel. 90% recommended. $132/night.

Amenities:

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

2. Capitol Hill - National Mall area hotel. 90% recommended. $108/night.

Amenities:

Indoor pool(s)

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Tennis Nearby

Accessible for the blind

Accessible path of travel

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Thanks very much for your help!

Seems like:

1. The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center (formerly Wyndham Washington)

TripAdvisor ranked #95 of 126 hotels in Washington DC

2. The Liaison Capitol Hill, An Affinia Hotel

TripAdvisor ranked #41 of 126 hotels in Washington DC

While doing the search I noticed what might be the best value in a 3.5 star in Dupont Circle area for $106 that I suspect is the Kimpton Rouge.

My best guess for the White House property would be the Capital Hilton... with a secondary guess of the Westin City Center.

For the National Mall property my guess would be the Grand Hyatt Washington, but i'm less confident in this guess... i don't think it's the Liaison Hotel as i don't believe that property has an Indoor Pool as indicated by the amenities, only an outdoor pool.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Aha, nice catch. I wonder how I missed that. I think both your corrections make sense.

My confidence was misplaced in the Westin City Center because I forgot "Attraction Information powered by TripAdvisor" definitely doesn't mean "Star levels powered by TripAdvisor."

If it's not the Grand Hyatt, a second match seems like the Washington Marriott at Metro Center.

If it's not the Grand Hyatt, a second match seems like the Washington Marriott at Metro Center.

I'm doubtful it's the Marriott... i believe this property is still currently rated 3.5* by HOTWIRE.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Thanx for the follow-up and closing this thread. Please remember to always follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Please check for and use the links in our Support Page whenever possible for your non-opaque purchases, as we have links there to most of the major hotel chains and online booking agencies.

Yellowdog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]