Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Midtown Central) Sofitel

Limonadier
By Limonadier,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Best guess for the PRICELINE EXPRESS property would be the Sofitel, but i wouldn't exclude The London New York or the Michelangelo from the possibilities either.

Best guess for the HOTWIRE property would be the Sofitel.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (and if you go with PRICELINE EXPRESS use code BIGCITY4 for an extra 10% OFF)

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we an be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

BTW the Priceline code doesn't work for NYC.

Sorry about that, i'm a product of the east coast so i see 'big city' and instantly assume that NYC would be included. The correct cities are Las Vegas, San Francisco, Boston, and Orlando.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi still looking at options here

Midtown East 4.5* 229 $

85 % recommended

Fitness Center

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Wheelchair accessible

Accessible bathroom

or

Madison Square Garden 3.5* 95 % 143$

Free Internet

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Roll-in shower

Thanks

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and are pleased with the results... this is a very well located property and gets great reviews.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. To confirm, you used HOTWIRE for this, correct? (as opposed to PRICELINE EXPRESS)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

What type of food do you like and how much are you looking to spend... there are some high-end steak restaurants nearby by you'll need to be prepared to open your wallet (and perhaps keep it open ;) )

Not a restaurant, but you're near the famous

if you're want to try some of the local 'street meat'. You want the cart that is there late nite (7:30pm-4am) on the SW corner of 53rd St and Sixth Ave... a nice dose of white sauce and use the hot sauce very sparingly as it's EXTREMELY hot. Best $6 dinner you'll find in the city, and even if you're not interested in trying it, it's worth the walk over to check out the 'scene' as there is almost always a long line surrounding the cart.

Here are a few dining possibilities in your neighborhood. I'll be staying at the Sofitel too, in July. Can't wait.

Check these places out further on menupages.com

Breakfast:

Evergreen Diner, 145 W. 47th St, between 6th and 7th Ave.

The Red Flame, 67 W. 44th St, between 5th and 6th Ave.

Financier, Exceptional coffee, pastries, croissants, macarons, 1211 6th Ave at 48th St. Raspberry macaron is my favorite.

Dinner:

Brazilian Steakhouse: Churrascaria Plataformia, 316 W.49th St between 8th and 9th Ave.

Chinese: Grand Sichuan, 368 W. 46th St, at 9th Ave.

French (casual,not fancy): Marseille, 630 9th Ave at 44th St

French/American (UPSCALE, Jackets required for men) The Modern at the Museum of Modern Art, 9 W. 53rd St, between 5th and 6th

American (UPSCALE, Jackets for men) Upstairs at '21', 21 W. 52nd St, between 5th and 6th Ave. A New York landmark restaurant.

Italian but NOT really Italian. ViceVersa, 325 W. 51st St, between 8th and 9th. This is one of my theater district FAVORITES! I don't like many spots in the theater district, too many touristy ripoffs, but ViceVersa has terrific food and ambiance. My kind of place.

Snack:

La Maison du Chocolat: 30 Rockefeller Plaza at 49th. Jaw dropping good chocolates. Expensive but amazing. If you order coffee or tea it comes with a chocolate.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]