Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* New York City (Chelsea - Madison Square Garden) TRYP Times Square South

lake_hood
By lake_hood,
in

My main goal is to avoid any really poor/rundown hotels, but I don't care about the star level.

The star level is really all you have to go on in terms of quality, so if using PRICELINE you'd want to pick a star level that you feel will keep you out of any hotels that wouldn't meet your quality criteria.

Perhaps a better option would be to use HOTWIRE where you usually see the percent of previous guests who would recommend the hotel and/or TA ratings (PRICELINE EXPRESS to a lesser extend would be an option as well)

For example, HOTWIRE has a 4.5* hotel in the Times Square zone for $225/nite that is 95% recommended by previous guests and has a 4.5/5.0 TA rating (Amenities: Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly)... i'm guessing this property is the InterContinental Times Square, very highly rated but also right at the top of your budget.

Alternately there is a 4* hotel in the ESB zone for $205/nite on PRICELINE EXPRESS with an 8.0/10.0 user review rating (i don't have a guess for this property and it wouldn't appear as highly rated as the HOTWIRE property above but is a little cheaper, and using this PRICELINE EXPRESS link and code READYSET5 will take an extra 5% off bring the cost down a bit to under $200/nite)

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Amenities Listed: Free Internet, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center Restaurant(s), Business Center High-Speed Internet Access, Accessible path of travel In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom Roll-in shower

95% recommended

I have been looking at Priceline for anything 3 star and above for a few weeks now. I wasn't able to get anything up to $175. Needless to say, I am very happy I came across this today. I used the links from this website. I would like to note that the neighborhood listed was "Madison Square Garden and Hells Kitchen" (no reference to Chelsea).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]