Priceline Hotel: Request: Bidding strategy for NYC

pbenton
By pbenton,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

There is no way to guarantee a hotel *right* by subway when bidding via PRICELINE - you have to be willing to stay anywhere within the selected zone/s. Are there any particular zone/s you would be interested in? Additionally, what would be your desired budget per night for this stay?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Please start by reading your messages.

Then to avoid any confusion, please list the zone that you're willing to accept by priceline name, and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow..

Lastly, i'll add that while $125 is a difficult number to hit this time of year, we typically don't recommend the lower rated hotel in NYC as quality can become an issue... you can get lucky and get a diamond in the rough and find it to be a great value, or you could get something that made you wish you spent a few more dollars.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd stay in the financial district, soho tri, lower east side or long island city ideally

This is quite a bit less than 'any zone except Brooklyn or Newark'... given that you don't have any re-bid zones at the 2* level in NYC, are there other zones you want to include or only start with these four?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just got a priceline hotel win at the 2* Days Hotel Broadway for $110 a night for June 29-July 2. No guarantees you'll get the same but it's worth a try. It's in the Upper West Side, only a 100 yards out the door to a subway entrance, and in a real neighborhood with lots of restaurants, etc. I've stayed there before and am totally okay with its amenity level. I would just try clicking through the PRICELINE link here, and ask for 2* in UWS for that price. Look over the PL hotel list for Manhattan, lots of areas don't have 2*'s so you could use them for rebids at a higher price. LIC is a good option for a budget traveller, but not all of the hotels there are well located so I've avoided that zone on my NYOP bids.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]