Hotwire Hotel: Hotwire Stockholm Sweden

thetravelgod
By thetravelgod,
in

Got a question about Hotwire rates in Stockholm Sweden Sep 18-22 2013/4 nights Ostermalm zone / 4 star. Rate listed is 116 per night but taxes/fees/whatnot are 188 for this booking. If I was to book via PL and bid 118 per night for 4 star the taxes/fees are almost 110 less. Any idea why the big diff? Not saying I can win via priceline and their Central zone covers 3 Hotwire zones. The Hotwire hotel looks like a sweet priced based on the "savings" for this property and the rack rates for other 4* hotels in Stockholm. Any ideas or strategy?? Thx Scott

It could be a bug in the HOTWIRE system (wrong tax rate entered in their backend) or there could be a city tax or some other fee that is included with the HOTWIRE rate but not included with PRICELINE. A further explanation is that this specific hotel has other fees that HOTWIRE is including, but i dismissed this as not a likely possibility by looking at other hotel offers in this zone which show a similar tax rate to the 4* you're seeing.

Let us know what you decide to do and how we can be of further help.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I did do some "Google researching" and discovered that a similiar problem existed back in

2011 and 2012 from previous threads on BetterBidding. Per those threads the issue was

acknowledged by Hotwire and corrected. I sent them an email (their 800 call centers are

worthless) and hope to get a "non-form letter" response.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]