Priceline Hotel: 1st post 2 nights in San Juan 01,2004

Baxter
By Baxter,
in

I have never tried Priceline - but I am willing. Staying 2 nights pre cruize late Jan. 2004. Am I ok to bid this early. Would like 4* and I'm thinking of bidding 125.00 or so. Am I on the right track? I didn't see much info on this topic around these dates. Apologies in advance if I'm asking wrong questions and or at the wrong place. Thank-you

Baxter,

Puerto Rico doesn't offer 4* hotels, there are 3* and Resorts. Most bid the resort area as the prices aren't too much greater than the 3* (and often are the same).

$125 is likely TOO HIGH to bid for this zone.

Since i just bid this area, it's been my experience that at the resort level, the Caribe Hilton often accepts at $65/nite and the Wyndham Condado Plaza often accepts at $75/nite. It's not too early to bid, although neither of these hotels may have released inventory to Priceline just yet. If you post your exact dates in January i'll do a little research to see if inventory has likely been released yet.

Here's a link to my HOTEL REVIEW

PS- i'm heading to Michigan in for the UM vs. ND game in mid-Sept, so if you happen to know anyone with tix (i need 2) but can't attend the game, let me know :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi thereuare, Did you have a nice week cruising? last I heard from you- you were just leaving San Juan... spent the night at Caribe Hilton. Do you like that hotel? It looks fine to me ...neat looking pool! I'm looking for resort 2 night pre cruise in late Jan. I'm sure the Hilton would be nice - we'll be sight seeing alot anyways. Can you help. I do understand I could get other like hotels but maybe you could guide me since you just finished bidding for that zone. (like you had mentioned before) Thanks in advance! :)

Hi thereuare, Thanks for the speedy reply! Yes my first cruise :) I booked Carnival Destiny Southern Caribbean 7 night. The cruise leaves San Juan Jan. 25th, 2004. we are arriving in San Juan in the afternoon of the 23rd ...spending the night the 23rd and 24th. When the ship arrives back on Feb. 1st, we are staying yet another night in San Juan - then flying back home on Feb 2nd. Cruise and Airline tickets are paid in full now so I just need to get this hotel stuff done now. :)

I wouldn't mind at all bidding later this week (on SavingsBarn.Com!) and be done with it. I know it may not be so simple. I'm a bit over-zelous! I do have some friends with season tickets. I'll difinately check with them on that game. It's a huge game-as you know I'm sure ...but hey aren't they all huge :o GO BLUE!

Thanks for checking on the availabilities for these dates. I hope you know how much your appreciated. -baxter

Thereuare, are you saying if the $75 bid for resort is rejected - there's no second chance? sorry ...kinda confused. We're stopping at St. Thomas, Martinique, Barbados and Aruba. I have a jeep rented for Barbados ...exploring on our own. I am a photographer and sell my work at art shows. I'd love to send ya a print. I don't think I have any questions about those destinations - thanks for the offer. I think I'll have each Island so over researched I could write their own tourist guides :) :) :o ...again, I'm a bit overzelous! -I'll check back tomorrow. Thank-you -baxter

Thereuare,  are you saying if the $75 bid for resort is rejected - there's no second chance?  sorry ...kinda confused.

There's no second chance for 72 hours.

There are sometimes ways around this 72 hour rule, but in PR, there's no way around it. After a bid is rejected, you can't place the same bid (even if you change the price) for 72 hours. Priceline does this to prevent people from starting at $1, then bidding $2, then $3, $4, $5, etc , etc. until their price is eventually accepted.

Since you asked (ok, you didn't) here's another shot i took on vacation that i liked (the other is in THIS THREAD:

sunset.jpg

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thereuare, wow! ...your ray of light picture is very cool. I'm really glad I asked hee... hee... thanks for sharing it with me. OK now I understand this bidding strategy (sometimes you have to draw me a picture! :) )

I'm excited to make this bid and will try it in a couple of days from now. I'll certainly let you know how it goes. SavingsBarn.Com here I come!

Thanks-again -baxter

Hello thereuare, ...well I tried it - $75.00 resort 01/23 thru 01/25 and was not accepted. Is it because this is peak season? Travel-websights report the Wyndham Con. Plaza during these dates around $200.00 per night. -Or- ...is it just too early. I'll keep trying - I have lots of time to do so. :) Thanks again for guiding me through this. :) -baxter

I wouldn't be overly concerned at this point as it's probably too early.

To save you the time, rather than go thru the bidding process each time, you can search Hotwire and keep an eye on the 3.5* and 4* hotels that come up. Right now the 3.5* is listed at $145... when you see that (or a 4*) drop to under $125 i would try again or post back here requesting an update (you can still try again via Priceline, but this is a little quicker and will save you the frustration of getting rejected frequently)

Just as a reference, i placed my first PR bid for an August stay in February and was rejected up until the end of July. Hopefully you won't have to wait as long, but that's the way it works sometimes.... continuous rejections until one day they surprise you.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]