Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Toronto (Downtown North) Delta Chelsea

jb107756
By jb107756,
in

Used BB's PRICELINE link to start.

Unsuccessful finding any bargains in Don Valley or Scarborough, so submitted a low-ball bid of $59 for one night at a 3.5* in Downtown North. Very surprised that it was accepted.

$59 + $15.64 = $74.64.

Their web site says:

Please be advised that effective July 1, 2013, Delta Chelsea will no longer be operated by Delta Hotels and Resorts.

Don't know if this is the reason that my low bid was successful.

It is not clear whether there will be a name change at that time.

I read that the current elevator technicians' strike throughout Ontario is causing chaos in many buildings with elevators, including the Delta Chelsea. Only a few elevators are currently being used at that hotel & it supposedly takes like forever to get to use an elevator during the busier hours due to the larger amount of people. Instead of waiting for the elevators, i've read that many people instead decide to walk up & down long flights of stairs. So it's quite possible that less people are interested in staying there (and at other hotels in a similar situation)for the time being. The Delta Chelsea, being Toronto's largest hotels, might suffer more than others with this problem since it uses different sets of elevators (blue, red, green) to transport its patrons.

As for the name change, i believe it's now official that it will be renamed EATON CHELSEA TORONTO effective on July 1st, 2013.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]