Priceline Hotel: Hotels near metro.

TMaxx
By TMaxx,
in

I am looking for a hotel around DC for 6/13 - 6/18. We have been advised not to drive into DC, rather take the metro. With priceline, I am not sure how to get a hotel near a metro. Any ideas?

I really don't want to pay over $85 a night and 3 star minimum.

When bidding PRICELINE, you have to be willing to accept a hotel anywhere in the zone map area. If you look at the "Detail Maps" of specific zones, you can zoom in until you can see the little blue train symbols. These are the metro stops. There also is a distance scale on the map.

People's definitions of "near" vary a lot. But with the maps, the train symbols, and the distance scale you can decide if you'd be willing to hike whatever the furthest distance might be in a particular zone.

I'm not really familiar with DC, but maybe some other members will offer some more insight.

You might also consider Hotwire. With it, the experts here can usually give you a pretty good "educated guess" as to what hotel you might get. That might work better for you.

While buses can be a little trickier to figure out, they are also available.

Romelle

ok, I clicked on the HOTWIRE link. There is the following hotel available for my dates (6/13 to 6/18) for $48 per night. Can you help me identify the hotel?

3.5-star Hotel in Silver Spring

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Free Internet

Indoor pool(s)

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

Here is one more hotel from hotwire that I am interested in. It is listed at $57 per night ($189 other sites). Any ideas of what this hotwire hotel might be?

3.5-star Hotel in College Park - Beltsville

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Free Parking

Pet friendly

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

A new amenity set and upgrade for the Sheraton Washington North would be my best guess for this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

I don't understand what you mean by "a new amenity set and upgrade". Could you clarify?

I don't understand what you mean by "a new amenity set and upgrade". Could you clarify?

The "upgrade" means it was a lower star level before - most likely a 3*.

The "new amenity set" means the Sheraton listed a previous HOTWIRE offer with a different batch of amenities. Hotels change them from time to time. Possibly to keep us guessing, but more likely because they have something new or different they want to emphasize.

Romelle

Note that College Park-Beltsville and Silver Spring aren't anywhere near the metro. The cheapest rates that are on the metro are likely to be in Pentagon/Crystal City area. Within Washington itself there are some PRICELINE hotels like the Mayflower, Marriott Wardman Park and others that are very convenient to the metro. Most of the other hotels within Washington will still be convenient to a busline, however. The current best Priceline Express Deal for your dates and criteria is a 3.5 star in Dupont Circle for $113 per night that I believe is The Embassy Row Hotel. It is less than a block from the Dupont Circle metro. There is also a 3-star in Crystal City for $68 per night that I believe is the Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, a 0.8 mile, 16 minute walk from the metro.

Edit: upon checking HOTWIRE, I would recommend targeting something like the 4-star Dupont Circle-National Zoo hotel with 95% Hotwire recommended rating for $108 per night. It is the Kimpton Palomar from what I can tell, and it is just two blocks from the Dupont Circle metro.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]