Priceline Hotel: Advice please

hostlander
By hostlander,
in

Hi,

I am looking to book for the Docklands area of London for 4 nights from Fri 8 November 2013.

My preferred hotel is the Marriott London West India Quay, I have clicked the links to Priceline and Hotwire during my research.

Priceline have the 4 nights priced at $490 per night but for the first 3 nights it drops to $151 per night and the last night is available at $160.

In this area I would also be happy to win the Hilton Canary Wharf Hotel but would like to avoid the Hilton Docklands.

So... should I grab the Priceline offer or can I find a way of bidding that suits my preferences?

Thanks

Unfortunately, there are no guarantees that you'll not get the hotel you don't like with bidding. However, chances are very good that you'll be able to score a 4* hotel in that zone for $80-$100 with bidding. I guess you'll need to determine if the potential savings is worth the risk!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

As noted above, there is no way to target, or avoid, a specific hotel when using PRICELINE, you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you choose.

If there is too much 'unknown' with PRICELINE you may want to consider HOTWIRE as you can often take an educated guess as to what is being offered based upon the amenities associated with the property, but it's still a 'best guess' and no guarantees you will receive the hotel you're hoping for.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]