Priceline Hotel: Baltimore Inner Harbor Jul 4

Yita
By Yita,
in

I have been trying to bid on Priceline for July 4 in the Inner Harbor Area 4* in Baltimore but have been unsuccessful. Is it too early to book a hotel for July 4th? Does anyone have any suggestions or advice to get a successful bid? I made 12 bids using the free bid formulas beginning at $55 up to $81.

... and if you haven't yet please read your messages.

There is a fireworks display in this area on July 4th. Using MAPS and HOTELS.com and filter for 4* and higher hotels, the lowest rate i currently see is $279 (and they go to $400+) which would make your $81 bid less than 1/3 of prevailing rates which does not give you a high probability of success.

What is your maximum bid for a 4* hotel before lowering to a 3.5* property?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have been using the link on this board and when I'm successful, I'll be sure to include it in my posting.

I tried again today and bid as high as $122 but was unsuccessful. We don't want to pay more than $150 including the service fee and taxes. The reason for bidding a 4* is because we want to be in the Inner Harbor since we'll be arriving by Amtrak. In the past we've taken the Circulator Bus into the Inner Harbor and walked to our hotel when getting off the bus. In the past I've never bid a 3* since we wanted to make sure we were in the Inner Harbor.

Do you have any additional suggestions for us? Thanks for any insight you can give me to secure a successful bid.

Using MAPS and HOTELS.com and filter for 4* and higher hotels, the lowest rate i currently see is $279 (and they go to $400+) which would make your $81 bid less than 1/3 of prevailing rates which does not give you a high probability of success.

Did you look at rates as per MAPS and HOTELS.com... i think it is indicative of why you're having trouble even up to $122/nite.

PRICELINE EXPRESS has a 4* hotel offered in the Inner Harbor for $143/nite. Using this PRICELINE EXPRESS link and code READYSET5 takes an extra 5% off bringing your room rate down to $136/nite, which looks to be a very good deal relative to current rates i'm seeing for 4* properties in this zone, but you would need to stretch your budget a bit beyond your current $150 all-in rate.

If you can't increase your budget and you've already been turned down at $122/nite (which i'm assuming is $150 all-in) then all you can do it wait it out hope for lower prices in the weeks ahead, but keep in mind that they could also move higher from here.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks! In looking at the Express Deals if I read it correctly, the 5% discount only applies if your travel dates are between May 1, 2013 through June 23, 2013 and you book by June 3, 2013.

I appreciate all of your advice. We wouldn't mind a 3½* if it was in the Inner Harbor so we can use the Circulator Bus and walk from the bus stop to the hotel. In the past I've only used 4* to get an Inner Harbor hotel that we could walk to.

Thanks! In looking at the Express Deals if I read it correctly, the 5% discount only applies if your travel dates are between May 1, 2013 through June 23, 2013 and you book by June 3, 2013.
I double check the terms of the coupon code and you're correct, so it wouldn't apply to this purchase.
We wouldn't mind a 3½* if it was in the Inner Harbor so we can use the Circulator Bus and walk from the bus stop to the hotel.
You have no way of guaranteeing this with PRICELINE... you need to accept a hotel anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the zone.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]