Priceline Hotel: Union Square Aug 9th - Aug 14th

sumsum2003
By sumsum2003,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

What would be your desired budget per night for this stay? Unfortunately, rates look quite high for this period to the point where I'd guess there's a convention or other event. I would start bidding now rather than waiting until the last minute.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Well I was hoping to get $150 based on previous success I've seen here. However I think you are right there about another event in town that weekend called Outside Lands Music and Arts Fesitival featuring Paul McCarthy, Red hot Chilli Peppers etc. It's on from the 9th - 11th.

Would it make sense to bid for 9-11th, and do a seperate bid for 12-14th?

Would it make sense to bid for 9-11th, and do a seperate bid for 12-14th?

Yes, in theory, but rates don't look like they drop that match for the latter nites either (and if you do SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID make sure you bid for the right dates, as 9-11 and then 12-14 leaves you without a room on the nite of the 11th ;) )

For the complete stay i'm guessing you're likely looking at about $200/nite... so you have to decide how high you're willing to bid to make SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID worthwhile.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well after some research these are the prices I came up with using your Maps & Hotels link (awesome site btw).

Fri-Sat, 9th - 11th Sun - Wed,11th -14th

Hilton 249

Hotel Nikko 320 247

Mariott 249

Palomar 348 280

Westin 489 289

Prescott 359 335

JW Mariott 289

Sir Francis Drake 309 309

Mariott 354 296

Any suggestion on reasonable bids?

Last night I did multiple bids upto $180 but that was for 5 consecutive nights, not splitting.

ETA: sorry chart doesn't post well. First price is Fri-Sun, second price sun-wed.

Glad you like the MAPS and HOTELS.com site... it's underutilized but continues to gain in popularity once people realize the potential.

Overall, retail rates looks like they would be a little cheaper if you split Aug 9-12 and then Aug 12-14... would this work just as well for your plans or do you need to split 2nites/3nites instead of 3nites/2nites? (if no preference i would first try one set of date, then if rejected try the other set of dates, but it gives you another set of bids)

Knowing that you're looking at ~$200/nite for the complete stay how high are you willing to bid if SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID? (we can look at rates further once we know if both possible split dates are acceptable)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]