Priceline Hotel: 3* Birmingham (Hoover) Residence Inn Marriott Hoover

mtbscott
By mtbscott,
in

I'm going to Pelham next weekend for a mountainbike race at Oak Mountain State Park. Already have a room booked at the Pelham Quality Inn, 3 nights for $62 plus taxes. I'm guessing it's considered a 2*.

I'm toying with the idea of trying for something nicer for the same price or less. Using the Priceline NYOP map, Hoover area hotels go up to 3.5* and there's a list of several available. No info on the Pelham NYOP area that only goes up to 2.5*. Before I start bidding, any ideas what hotels might be included in the Pelham area? Thanks. (I've only done NYOP for New York and Austin before via this site and had good results.)

Good advice. The "nicer" hotels are in the Hoover area, still within 5-10 miles from my site. The chain motels are all closer and on PL's retail list, including where I have my current reservation. I think this is a case where the potential cost savings may not be as much since they're pretty reasonable to begin with.

You can also try our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com... enter and destination/address and then use the filter/sort features which will make it easy to see how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating or to stay closer/further from your exact location.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I did my own little version of bidding strategy and got the 3* Residence Inn Marriott Hoover for $55 a night. Their website quotes a minimum of $114 a night for my dates so less than 1/2 price! It's a bit further from the park where my activities are centered but shouldn't be more than 15 minutes away. I'm happy. (BTW, this hotel is/was not listed on the Priceline hotels list here, should be added)

I don't see your dates in any of the posts?

You really did improve over your original hotel - less money and up a full star. Plus the particular Residence Inn is very highly rated on Priceline retail. Nicely done!

Always fun to get a new hotel for the lists, too.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]