Priceline Hotel: 4* Paris (St. Germain - Latin Quarter - Montparnasse) Aiglon

hopecookies
By hopecookies,
in

A few things to say. Montparnasse is its own zone these days, zone 14. I actually started at 115 and went very slowly with the goal being the Marriott Rive Gauche because I've stayed there twice before.

After winning I went to Aiglon's website and noticed that they had a sale in the summer from their own site for the lowest level room (non-renovated) for $155/night, so I only really saved $20/night over publicized rate. That's not a reflection on this site or any other bidding help sites, or even Priceline. But to compare, there was also a hotel in the Bastille on Hotwire that went for $113/night (which my best guesses would have been like a Best Western, which in reality is a 3* but Hotwire calls 4*). So instead of paying the $22/night premium for the Marriott, I ended up just paying the premium for being close to the metro. The final difference with tax was $180 between my win and what the Hotwire possibility would have been. So, I'm just here to warn people about winning Aiglon on Priceline.

What exactly is Aiglon's lowest level room? It basically looks like a Best Western. Location is great but I just want to warn people out there searching for the Marriott Rive Gauche in Montparnasse... you might end up with Aiglon.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]