Hotwire Hotel: 4* New Orleans (French Quarter) Omni Royal Orleans

Schwabette
By Schwabette,
in

I have been endlessly trying to analyze rates on every site I can think of, both travel and hotel, to try to figure out what this hotel is. Claims room rate to be $261 discounted to $137 for Nov 6-9.

It hints of Hotel Monteleone, W New Orleans and I think Hyatt French Quarter to be in that category, but I am wondering what other hotels fit that profile that any have gotten via Hotwire.

I've used Hotwire successfully in my own city of NYC numerous times, so I don't see why it work any differently for me in French Quarter, but I'm being a bit of a control freak wanting to know while getting more for my buck!

Any thoughts? Thanks!

I have been endlessly trying to analyze rates on every site I can think of, both travel and hotel, to try to figure out what this hotel is. Claims room rate to be $261 discounted to $137 for Nov 6-9.

It hints of Hotel Monteleone, W New Orleans and I think Hyatt French Quarter to be in that category, but I am wondering what other hotels fit that profile that any have gotten via Hotwire.

I've used Hotwire successfully in my own city of NYC numerous times, so I don't see why it work any differently for me in French Quarter, but I'm being a bit of a control freak wanting to know while getting more for my buck!

Any thoughts? Thanks!

to add...one someone unique amenity is accessible for the blind

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Please provide the full list of amenities showing with the listing and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID the listing.

Additionally, the regular rate listed is not the regular rate for the underlying hotel but an average of comparable properties for your date/s in the area. It is not an indicator of a particular property.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

The Westin, Sheraton, Monteleone and a downgradd Omni would be possibilities - however, when I look at the detail page for the listing (click on the listing, then scroll down), I'm seeing a 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating which would have me lean towards this being a downgraded Omni with a different amenity set than previously seen.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I too am interested in knowing which hotel this is. I'm looking to stay in N.O. around the same dates. Any help is greatly appreciated!

nut,

Please start a new thread with the details of your stay and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID the listing.

French Quarter 3*

Please help me try to identify this property. Amenities are listed as follows:

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

I am thinking Sheraton Four Points or Chateau Lemoyne

Thoughts?

As for the 4*, the Omni Royal Orleans MAY have been downgraded and is also showing a new amenity set than has been reported previously. The others may also be a possibility, but the 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating on the detail page would lead me to lean towards the Omni.

The 3* has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board. Please keep all posts regarding this stay within this thread - thanks.

You can see the hotels that have been reported to the board in New Orleans here: Hotwire Hotel List Louisana.

Am about to book the 4*. Then, you want me to post the details as outlined in the the new member instructions to this thread, correct? That helps the next person ID this property better by adding it to the Hotel list, yes?

When you say that the 3* for $113 I inquired about hasn't been reported to your boards yet, isn't that me reporting it and requesting help, or does that mean something else? I was trying to weigh what that one could be to decide whether to take the risk on a 3* I normally wouldn't take. Sorry if I'm being a ditz.

It was the OMNI ROYAL ORLEANS :) :) WOOO-HooooOO! That is the one I wanted. Thanks so much for you help...remind me how to post this win properly to ensure others have access to the information. My husband thinks I absolutely rock right now [not that he didn't already]! ;) xoxo

Congrats on your success. :)

Great deal for this property and glad you are looking forward to your stay. Thank you for confirming the change in star rating and amenity set for this HOTWIRE property so that we can update the site's Hotwire Hotel List. (In terms of the 3* above, the listing has not yet been reported to the board, so it unfortunately remains unknown. The list at the link above provides the full list of what has been reported to the board in the state.)

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post, which would not have been seen unless you clicked the 'See all' link during the check-out process.

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the full list of amenities associated with this property... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I double checked that numerous times, and definitely used the "show all amenities" link, there is no "see all". The accessible for the deaf item was definitely the bottom of the list as listed above. Don't be confused with the other 3* option amenities I listed on the same thread.

If the list remains as it was the other day, does that probably mean the same property on this offering stays? Wondering because we now have others that want to join us and get the same deal at same hotel.

Thanks! :)

you are right, so sorry! I missed that additional information. Here is the list I retrieved from My Account area:

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet

Access Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Thanks for the follow-up/confirmation.

If the all the characteristics of the current hotel are the same as when you purchased (and if the price differs by just a few dollars that's still OK too) then odds favor that it is the same hotel, but never any guarantees as sometimes there can be two hotels in the same zone (and at the same star rating) that look alike before purchase.

If your friends decide to purchase please ask them to stop by the board and use the search boxes at the top of the board (or click the logos within them) to begin their purchase.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]