Priceline Hotel: 3* Miami Downtown Hyatt Regency

greenfrog111
By greenfrog111,
in

I have been rejected for a 3* in maimi downtown . I bid three times using the re-bid zones southwest miami and north miami . First I tried $34, then $40 and ended at $45.

Would anyone have a different strategy to try and if you have you heard of any rooms on these days being accepted please post the price. I have not been able to find any info on these days.

i think the reason why you're having trouble is because Feb 4-6 is a fairly large convention 15k people according to the Miami Convention Bureau calendar.

so i bet a some of the Downtown hotels are sold out or charging high rates.

have you tried using the same bidding strategy that thereuare gave you for your other dates?

i think chances are, you're going to have to start bidding higher in order to book this 6mos in advance.

good luck.

nope

i got $57 for post cruise 14-17

Now I am struggling to ger pre-cruise

Perhaps the moderator could edit the subject line to your last winning bid, that says Feb 4.

My hunch is that a bid today for 2/14-17/03 at a similar amount as your last one will get a bite. If it were me though, I would first bid for downtown at 4* at $55-65 for the heck of it, as the only hotel that's come up in that zone is the Intercontonental, which IMO is substantially better than the Hyatt. If unsuccessful, I would then start a new bid for downtown at 3*

$57 seems rather high to me for 3* Miami downtown absent unusually high occupancy, and I suspect that Priceline rates for hotels in that zone will come down substantially closer to the actual dates. The reason you're finding so little information about other bids for that timeframe is that the vast majority don't bid this far in advance.

when I wrote that winning post. I thought i would be brillient to just put the year "04" not thinking that would get confused with my next bid attempt. Duh

Sorry if I confused you travelguy :)

If the mods want to edit that go ahead and just put the stay at 14-17 2004

I will try bidding a little higher tomorrow night, which is when I am allowed to try again.

I am willing to pay a little more to stay during a convention, because I am saving so much anyways.

Thanks everyone for you advice and input

Here is what I did tonight to get the Hyatt in Febrary 4-7 for $57!!!!

First bid of $55 was rejected. Re-bid of $57 was accepted. They counter offered with $70. I just added $2 and I got accepted.

Congratulations, you got your price of $57 for a 3-star hotel room.

Hyatt Regency Downtown Miami

Zone: Miami Downtown

Check-In Date: Wed, Feb 4, 2004

Check-In Time: After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date: Sat, Feb 7, 2004

Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM

Your Offer Price: $57.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $171.00

Taxes and

Service Fees: $31.23

Total Charges: $202.23

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]