Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown East) Roosevelt Hotel

lilrock023
By lilrock023,
in

First time visitor. Love what you got going on here.

I'm attempting to book (through Hotwire) a hotel for Memorial Day weekend (5/24-5/27) - 3 nights, 3 adults. One listing caught my eye and I'll need a little bit of help from you nice BetterBidding veterans identifying the hotel.

Midtown East area hotel

Hotwire rating of: 4 stars

Tripadvisor rating of: 3.5/4

All amenities:

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind Braille or raised signage

Accessible for the deaf TTY for telephone, visual or flashing fire alarm and vibrating alarm clock

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Based on my basic skills: I've guesstimated it's either the Roosevelt or perhaps even the Omni Berkshire. I'm curious to see what you all think it is. Thanks in advance!

PS: 3 adults. Hotwire guarantees bedding accomodations for 3 guests, correct?

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

If you go back to HOTWIRE and click the red SHOW ME button next to this offer (the one with the price in it), then on the ensuing page click the 'See all' link under the amenities, do you see more than what you've posted above?

If you indicate 3 people, you should get some form of bedding (2 beds or 1 + rollaway or 1 + sofa) for the entire party.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Nope, there's nothing additional listed. Those are all amenities listed when 'See all' is clicked.

General amenities include icons for:

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

...and text descriptions for:

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

And thank you for the clarification with the beds. It's what I had assumed and it will be perfect!

EDIT: I totally forgot to include the price in the original post! It is being advertised for $192 per night.

If you're on a mobile device, nor not on the HOTWIRE US site, you may not be seeing all the amenities associated with this property... using our BiddingHelper.com to see if you're able to see more amenities when clicking thru the 'details' screen (or download our own app HERE for Apple devices and HERE for Android devices.

OR if you're not on the US site change the drop down menu on the top right of HOTWIRE's page to United States and the currency dropdown to US Dollars. Then continue to search HOTWIRE and post to the board in US Dollars so that rates are consistent and not subject to interpretation due to future currency fluctuation. Once you're ready to purchase stay on the US version of their site and simply change the drop down menu to whatever currency you'd like to use and complete your purchase.

This is the full ist of amenities i'm seeing when searching HOTWIRE for your dates and the $192 4* property in the MTE zone:

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Roll-in Shower

... if this is what you're ultimately seeing my best guess for this property would be the Roosevelt Hotel.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yep, those are indeed the same amenities that came up with my search.

Went to book tonight, found that the price had gone down for what seemed to be the same property (based off the description of the amenities). I went ahead and booked!

To summarize:

Midtown East area hotel

Hotwire rating of: 4 stars

Tripadvisor rating of: 3.5/4

5/24-5/27: 3 nights, 3 adults

Price as of booking: $176/night

All amenities:

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

And the hotel was indeed The Roosevelt! Thank you guys for the help and for the wealth of information you got here. Is there anything else I should do/add to report my winning bid?

Hopefully The Roosevelt lives up to the reviews. And is there anything else you guys suggest to do prior to check-in?

Many thanks again!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and are pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

You're also near my often recommended Ess-A-Bagel (Third Ave at 51st St) which has one of the best bagels in the city, makes for a nice, and relatively inexpensive, breakfast among local NYers.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]