Hotwire Hotel: Riviera Maya Help

PhilsFan82
By PhilsFan82,
in

I was hoping someone could give me some help Identifying a couple hotels in Riviera Maya Mexico. Date of travel is September 7-14 for 2 adults.

Playa Del Carmen North - All Inclusive 4.5* $196 normally $466. 85% Recommended. Hints : Iberostrar Grand / Secrets Maroma / Blue Diamond

Free Breakfast

Resort

Food and Beverages Included

Premium Brand Beverages

A la Carte Dining Options

Water Sports/Ocean Activities

Evening Entertainment

Daily Activities

Playa Del Carmen Puerto Morales - all inclusive 4.5* $196 normally $312 95% recommended. Hints : Secrets Silversands / Iberostar Grand / El Dorado Royale

Free Parking

Resort

Suite

Beachfront Property

Food and Beverages

Premium Brand Beverages Included

Evening Entertainment

Playa Del Carmen PlayaCar - all inclusive 4.5* $201 normally $271 No recommendation data Hints : Paradisious La Perla / Paradisious Esmarelda / The Royal

Free Parking

Free Internet

Resort

Food and Beverages

Evening Entertainment

Daily Activities

Children's Activity Program

Thanks in advance for your help! I will be sure to report back if I decide to purchase.

I just checked from my home computer and noticed the website looked different and the amenities are slightly different. The prices of the hotels and ratings remain the same. The different hotels are now listed as follows:

Playa Del Carmen North $196 4.5*

Resort

Free Breakfast

Beachfront Property

Water Sports/Ocean Activities Included

Evening Entertainment Included

Daily Activities Included

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Spa Services

All-Inclusive

Playa Del Carmen Puerto Morales Riviera Cancun - Puerto Morelos 196 4.5* This one requires you to be 18 years or older...

Resort

Free Parking

Suite

Beachfront Property

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

All-Inclusive

Playa Del Carmen Playacar 201/200 4.5*

Resort

Free Parking

Free Internet

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

High-Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

All-Inclusive

On this different site the amenities are found in a pop up window. Not sure why it is different.

Thanks again in advance for your help!

Best guess for each is inline below:

Playa Del Carmen North $196 4.5*

--> Azul Fives has previously been seen with this amenity set so that would my best guess for this one.

Playa Del Carmen Puerto Morales 196 4.5* This one requires you to be 18 years or older...

--> i think you've combined the names of two different zones, what is the name of this as it appears on the HOTWIRE search results page?

Playa Del Carmen Playacar 201/200 4.5*

--> no guess

On your non-desktop you're not seeing all the amenities unless you click all the way through and click the 'See all amenities' link on the offer details page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes I am still seeing it. Here are the particulars.

Star rating: 4.5-star

Check-in date: Sat, Sep 7

Check-out date: Sat, Sep 14

Amenities: See all amenities

Price summary

Hotel

Rate per night: $196.00

Nights: 7

Rooms: 1

Tax recovery charges

& fees: $47.30

Subtotal: $1,419.30

Trip total: $1,419.30

4.5-star All-inclusive hotel in Riviera Cancun - Puerto Morelos

This All-inclusive hotel features the following amenities:

Resort

Free Parking

Suite

Beachfront Property

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

All-Inclusive

It says it is priced at $312 on other sites. 37% off.

Thanks again for your help!

I'm seeing this property now but am not able to gain any insight as to which one it may be... the Secrets Silversands is a possibility but i'm far from certain.

Since this an extended stay you could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please follow-up this thread with wahtever you decide to do for this stay (even if not PRICELINE or HOTWIRE) as each thread having a 'conclusion' helps keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone.

Please also check our Support Page if you decide to book direct or thru a service for which we have a link for.

THANKS!

I was reading older posts in the forum and noticed that azul fives had only been found in Playa Del Carmen Playacar area. Is it still a viable candidate for the Playa Del Carmen North $196 4.5* property? I checked the normal hotel pricing and noticed that Azul Fives is priced lower than the 196 hidden hotel rate. Does this disqualify it?

While reviewing the standard rate hotel prices I noticed they corresponded to the standard hotel rates before discount of the secret hot rate hotels.

Playa Del Carmen North All inclusive - hot rate 196 Standard 467 (Blue Diamond Riviera)

Riviera Cancun Puerto Morales All inclusive - hot rate 196 Standard 313 (Secrets Silversands)

Playa del Carmen - Playacar area All Inclusive - hot Rate 207 Standard 271 (Riu Palace Riviera/Mexico)

On the search screen each hotel was off by 1$ but if you click on the actual hotel information page they correspond perfectly. Does this work for anyone else? Thanks again for all the help in this thread!

The zones, and boundaries for this area are frequently changing... the Azul Fives is currently located in the Playa del Carmen North area.

When checking 'normal' hotel pricing and you found a cheaper rate, is the rate less than the $196 rate of this hotel or cheaper than the crossed out rate that HOTWIRE is referencing? What is the lower rate and where did you find it?

• 3 weeks later...

I still have not booked my hotel. I had a question about one more hotel.

Riviera Cancun - Puerto Morelos area all-inclusive hotel 4.5 Stars

8/31-9/7 2 adults no children

Resort

Free Parking

Beachfront Property

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

All-Inclusive

At first I thought it was Valentin Imperial Maya but then I noticed it did not match the amenities previously found for that hotel: free breakfast,free internet, laundry facilities.

I also dont think it is Secrets Silversands because it also doesnt match the previously found amenities for that hotel: suites, in room accessibility, handicap parking, accessible bathroom.

Any help is appreciated. I made sure to use your provided links when searching. I will also make sure to post my win. Thanks again!

I don't have any insight into this one, but will add that in researching this property i have gained a little more confidence that the previous 4.5* inquiry (in this zone with the Suite amenity listed) would likely be Secrets Silversands.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]