Priceline Hotel: 4* Montreal (Downtown - City Center) Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain

shneebs
By shneebs,
in

I won the 4* Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain on my last free re-bid @ $125/night. (July 4-6, 2013)

I have been bidding daily for a few days now - increased my max bid (at end of free re-bidding)from $95 -> $102 -> $107 -> $112 over the past several days. All of this time, there has been a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals price of $134/night available (just went up to $135 yesterday). Then I read today's post of someone winning the same property, with dates one week later for $100/night. I checked the "Express Deals" section and for the same dates, I saw $105/night for what appears to be the same property (4* with 9+ rating plus free internet...) With the Express Deals price currently at $135/night for my dates, I suspected that I might not win unless I went to within $5-10 of the Express Deals price. Today, I started at $101 and bid in small increments up to $125 - my 2nd to last free re-bid was at $122 which was rejected, and finally won at $125/night.

This should be a good indicator that acceptable "Name Your Own Price" bids are not far below the "PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals" price...

I used the BetterBidding.com PRICELINE link to make my bid.

Thanks!

Shneebs.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]