Priceline Hotel: 3* Miami Downtown Hyatt Regency $57

greenfrog111
By greenfrog111,
in

We are looking at hotels in Miami Downtown with the hyatt being the 1st choice. I need to book 3 nights February 4-7 and 3 nights feb 14-17. I know this is a popular set of dates with valentines day and presidents weekend. I am just looking to beat the $150 rack rates and the 210 CDN rate my travel agent quoted.

So a re bid strategy with prices would be so much appreciated as I am a inexperience priceliner.

Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding.

Most important thing is that you understand Re-Bidding, so please read thru that link and ask any questions that you may have.

You have 2 re-bid zones when bidding 3* Downtown Miami, so if you're unsure which they are or want to confirm which ones they are before you bid, feel free to post or PM me to confirm.

We haven't seen ultra-cheap pricing yet for Feb '04, but have seen winning bids in the mid-$60's. Not sure if these are the current prices since it's early or if these are the prices due to a busy time of year (valentine's, spring break, etc). It sounds like you're fine with this price as you state you 'only want to beat the current asking rate', but if you think this is more than you wanted to spend, then post back and i'll change the strategy below accordingly.

There's no way of increasing the chances of the Hyatt over the other 3* hotels that have been reported, although that's the only one that i think we've seen wins for at this point for Feb '04 . All of the hotels at this star level in this zone generally receive good reviews, and it's 'ok' to want a specific one, but if you bid you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone.

I would bid the stay starting Feb 14th first since, if demand is different, i think that will be the higher demand stay (due to Valentine's Day). I would proceed as follows for that stay:

3* Miami Downtown

bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone and

bid $57, if rejected add re-bid zone and

bid $64

If you get a counter-offer (Priceline states they couldn't find a room at that price but will let you bid again immeditely without adding a zone if you raise your bid by $xx amount) i would stop bidding and post here as to what the offer was.

Any clarification needed or questions regarding any of the above, feel free to ask.

Post back as to how you make out with the above before biddng the other stay as i will likely adjust the strategy depending upon where in the above sequence you have success.

If you have found the information at the board helpful, please start your bid at SavingsBarn.com

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You got the re-bid zones right, but it's southWEST miami, just to clarify. Be sure not to make the mistake of adding South Beach instead of SouthWest, as well, make sure you select North Miami and NOT North Miami Beach... ask me how i know! :)

It is recommended that you check your re-bid zones before you start each bid in order to make sure that your re-bid zone has not added any hotels at the star rating (or higher) you're trying for. I suppose it's theoretically possible that from the time you check the zone and the time you place your bid (2 minutes?) a hotel could be added to what you think is a re-bid zone, but this would be extremely rare and not likely. In fact, i haven't heard of it happening to anyone, but theoretically i suppose it could.

If Priceline rejects your bid, your credit card is not charged and you pay nothing. If your bid is accepted, you are immediately charged for the room, taxes, and Priceline's fee (which will be disclosed before you actually click "buy my hotel room") and the room is non-refundable/non-tranferable.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Not a problem... we'd rather users ask questions than make a mistake!! (so ask all the questions you'd like... it's your money you're spending, so you are the one that needs to feel comforatable with what you're doing)

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process.

Just realized i missed a question you asked....

If rooms are for the same dates, you can select 2 rooms from the drop down menu. When you place your bid, it's the per room price (not the total price for 2 rooms).

Many here use the Priceline 'text box' at SavingsBarn.com and it's self-explanatory.

Here is what I did tonight to get the Hyatt in Febrary for $57!!!! Thank you thereure (sp) you strategy worked very well

First bid of $50 was rejected. Re-bid of $57 was accepted.

Congratulations, you got your price of $57 for a 3-star hotel room.

Hyatt Regency Downtown Miami

Zone: Miami Downtown

Check-In Date: Sat, Feb 14, 2004

Check-In Time: After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date: Tues, Feb 17, 2004

Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM

Your Offer Price: $57.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $171.00

Taxes and

Service Fees: $31.23

Total Charges: $202.23

I am so happy with this. I ended up with the room even cheaper than what the bids were in previous weeks ($64). This is a great start to priceline. Now I just have to get me pre-cruise stay booked.

I hope this help someone else that needs rooms on these days.

Check-In Date: Sat, Feb 14, 2004

Check-In Time: After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date: Tues, Feb 17, 2004

Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM

greenfrog11 - this is an impressive win, considering that not only is it Prez Day weekend, it's also Miami Boat Show weekend (different show than the Broward show). The Show ends on the 17th and is spread over several days, so I'm guessing that the Hyatt (being a little ways away from the center of the marinas) had sufficient availablilty to make your Priceline acceptance possible.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]