Hotwire Hotel: Hotel in Chicago

srinew
By srinew,
in

Hello everyone, please help us, me and my wife planned for a short vacation in Chicago for May 18-20. We booked flight tickets first and then when we checked for hotels, nothing good is available and they are so expensive. In Hotwire we do not see any hotels near downtown, north park, Magnificent Mile area. Please advise where we can find a good safe hotel which has easy access to CTA as we are flying in and have no car. We'll spend most of the time at tourist places Downtown, Magnificent Mile so advise which hotel areas would have shortest commute. We are reaching Midway airport on May 18th and return flight is May 20. Thanks!

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Unfortunately, this is the time period for one of the biggest conventions of the year in the city and many hotels are completely booked up. The problem with Chicago is that once you get out of the main downtown area, there's really not hotels for a while until you get out in the suburbs and while the suburbs are very nice and usually very reasonable, it's difficult to get around if you don't have a car. With Midway, being South of the city, I think the main option for a reasonable (still expensive, but in comparison) place is probably going to be Midway. What would be your desired budget per night for this stay?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for your reply. Our budget for hotel is $200 for 2 nights. Could you please suggest areas near Midway which has good CTA commute access and safe for us? We have never travelled to Chicago before, our flight tickets are non refundable, would like to adjust to any safe hotels nearby with good access. Thanks

Have you looked at Last Minute Travel? I see some downtown 4* there for a little over $200 (The Palmer House, the Wit, and the Hard Rock are all around $220). If your budget is strict, these won't work, but maybe you'd spend the extra money to be downtown.

Oh, maybe I misunderstood and you need to spend $100/night. So then downtown is out of the question.

Hi Everyone, Thank you for your replies. I finally gave up for the week of May 18-20. We rescheduled our flights for May 26-28. Now looking for hotels. Hotwire shows 4.5 hotel in mag mile water tower area for $106 .. Based on this helpful forum I think it is Sofitel. I read some mixed reviews about Sofitel. One question, shall I wait for some more time or book in Hotwire now itself? I sometimes see Deals page on hotwire for same weekend last day to be very cheap.... Is it advisable to book at $106 now or wait till last minute??

Nobody can say if rates will come down, or move higher, between now and your stay... but ~$100 for a 4.5* in Downtown Chicago would seem like a pretty good deal, imo. Assuming this is the Sofitel (can't say since you didn't include any of the amenities associated with the HOTWIRE offer) i'm seeing retail rates of $180, so this would be a nice discount for a very well reviewed property (not sure where you're seeing mixed reviews as this is one of the top rated hotels in the city)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help. If you do go for this, or any other HOTWIRE property, in your post please include the star rating, city, zone, room rate per nite, dates of your stay, and amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view all of this information after your purchase by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The amenities are listed as follows-

4.5-star Hotel in Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Smoke Free Rooms

Guest rooms at this hotel are always smoke-free.

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

High-Speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Accessible path of travel

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

In-room accessibility

Accessible path from the room entrance to the window, the bed and the bathroom; accessible hardware and minimal resistance to open the door; accessible temperature controls and window coverings

Accessible bathroom

Raised toilet, hand-held shower and grab bars at the tub and toilet

Roll-in shower

Bathroom has a roll-in shower

Looks like Sofitel? I checked rates are exactly $180 on their site and hotwire says $180 on other sites so guessing it might be Sofitel. I read through all 1 star reviews at tripadvisor and hotels.com hence mixed reviews ..

Will this be a good hotel to book now itself.. I saw this weekend rates at Hotwire for 4.5* at $67!!!

I wouldn't exclude the Sofitel from the possibilities, but my best guess for this one would be the Omni.

Rates are date specific so you can't count on rates dropping at the last minute next weekend simply because they may have this weekend.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]