Priceline Hotel: Bidding with Priceline

jy114
By jy114,
in

I would like to bid a 4* hotel in hoboken, NJ with less than $ 150, but after many tries from $ 90 to $ 170 I cannot bid successfully. Therefore I'm asking for some assistance. My searching criterion are as following:

1) Jersey City

2) Zone-Hoboken - Weehawken

3) Tue, May 14th

4) Sun, May 19th

5) 1 room

6) 4*

The only two 4* hotel in this zone:

1. The Westin Jersey City Newport

2. W Hotel Hoboken

PS: I can also accept living in different hotels in this 5 days, if that is cheaper.

Thank you very much.

You are clearly running into some event or major conferences. Hotwire only has a 2.5* at $162 for your dates.

For just May 15 there is a 4* at $236. Then the 4* per day rate goes down gradually to $176 for May 17, but there is only the 2.5* on May 18.

With only a little over a week left, I'm hoping you have a "Plan B"? You might want to make a cancelable back-up reservation.

Your options now - other zones, lower star rating, higher budget. Splitting your bid is always a possibility, but it looks like the rates are higher at both the beginning and end of your stay. The middle 3 nights might bid a little better. Any chance you are arriving late via air and/or departing early via air so airport hotels could serve for one or both those nights?

Romelle

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet please start by reading your messages

Note that the Hyatt Regency on the Hudson is another 4* hotel in this zone that would be among the possible candidates.

Will you have a car? Do you have a back-up plan?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I can also consider other zones if price can be a little cheaper. If I would like to bid a hotel in midtown Manhattan during May 14th-May 19 with $150 per night, is that reasonable? If yes, then can you provide me some suggestions on how to make it? Splitting the bid is acceptable. Thank you.

If I would like to bid a hotel in midtown Manhattan during May 14th-May 19 with $150 per night, is that reasonable?

Unfortunately it probably is not reasonable based upon current prices at the moment.

If you use MAPS and HOTELS.com and search within a '3 mile radius of Times Square New York City' what is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]