Priceline Hotel: Bidding Strategy Needed

just4jenna
By just4jenna,
in

Nothing says that the hotel has to include all the amenities offered (think of how many now have hi-speed internet access, yet that icon is still not ubiquitous).

The Wyndham Bonaventure is also undergoing renovations, so perhaps the restaurant is currently closed?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I live about 5 minutes from this hotel. Just called them, and the restaurant is open ('til 9 pm, tonight!).

I'm always interested in this hotel as I stayed there before I moved here (the week of 9/11/2001, no less) and had less than a joyous experience. My parents have stayed there (almost 2 yrs ago), but for $40-something on a PL bid. I would not suggest paying $111 to stay there when you can stay at the Amerisuites for $85/night (just booked my in-laws there today!). Once the hotel is completely renovated (a year from now, I believe) it may be worth paying for, but now...no way.

Mod, if this is an inappropriate post, feel free to edit/remove. I just find it sadly comical that HW brands this as a "customer favorite." Check out www.tripadvisor.com's reviews, whatever you do, just4jenna.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread, even if the thread crosses b/w Priceline and Hotwire, we'll eventually move it to the right forum once a hotel is won and we know which service was ultimately used.

Do you have a maximum bid in mind, we wouldn't want to suggest a strategy that was more than you wanted to bid.

Let us know and we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I do not believe there are any Resorts in this zone. Star rating and price are equally important, but if I had to choose one over the other, i'd say star rating is more important. I really dont want any other zone, since I am visiting family in that area.

Im a little nervous, since I know Priceline has a few 3 Star properties in this zone that I absolutely do not want to stay at. (Hilton Plantation,and Bonaventure) The two properties I would love to get would be Crowne Plaza Sawgrass, or Sheraton Plantation. What r my chances? Thanks again for helping. This truly is a great site!

Im a little nervous, since I know Priceline has a few 3 Star properties in this zone that I absolutely do not want to stay at. (Hilton Plantation,and Bonaventure)

Butting in here again...

Jenna, the sentence I quoted shows that you should not bid for a 3* hotel on Priceline. There's an equal chance on any given day you can get ANY of PL's 3* properties in that zone OR some additional hotel no one has ever gotten before. If you can't accept that, don't bid that star level in that zone!

I'm shocked that the Bonaventure is now a 3* -- didn't realize that it's rating had gone downhill since I won it twice on PL.

Why not bid for a 4* in that zone and hopefully get the Renaissance? It's very new, maybe 2003-2004, and always got good reviews as I recall, but no clue if it's come up lately. Right next to I-595, <10 minutes from Sawgrass Mall, 15 min. to FLL airport.

if I bid in a specific zone, doesnt the Hotel have to be in that zone? Or can PL give me a hotel in another zone? I didnt think so, but maybe I am wrong. (i am not very familiar with how it all works)

I dont think PL has any 4* in that area of FL, or I would bid. I really had my heart set on the Sheraton Plantation, since I have stayed there b4 and loved it, but the $179 per night is more than I want to spend. I figured if I could get an equally nice place through Hotwire, or PL, i'd try. from what I can tell, it doesnt look that way. Maybe I will just go with Crowne Plaza Sawgrass for $143. It got very good reviews.

when I go to PL website, i click on Hotels, then i put Plantation as the destination. it brings up all the zones of Fort Lauderdale. There are different prices listed next to zone, and how many stars the property has under that price. when u click on the prices it brings up all the hotels in that zone. so when i click on the amount next to the 4 stars in the Plantation zone, no hotels come up. Thats why i assume there are no 4 * hotels in the Plantation zone thru Priceline. if u click on any of the lower star ones, it brings up all the hotel names in that zone.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]