Priceline Hotel: DFW Airport North Help

nextiger
By nextiger,
in

I tried bidding on a 4 star hotel in Dallas "DFW Airport North". I have bid and won this hotel (Hyatt Regency) over 10 times the past 3 years and as recently as 3 weeks ago. Every time I bid, the bid is triggered at $46 or $47. I've tried lower but I haven't been successful. Today I tried to bid for this once again and was unsuccessful. The only difference about my bid this time is I tried to use one of the $5 off per day rewards that I have. I started bidding at $41+$5 and went up to as high as $43+5 and could not get the hotel.

I guess my question is, is it possible that the hotel has increased the minimum price they want on Priceline? Or does Priceline kind of "screw you" when you use the $5 off per day reward. Meaning, you think you are getting a lower price but they really just raise the minimum price necessary to win a hotel? I doubt this hotel is booked during the dates on my stay since they have like 10 floors of rooms and I've never seen it very busy, weekday or weekend.

Any ideas?

Bidding is really a case-by-case basis, and rates and inventory can vary significantly from day-to-day at times. It's not that the coupon isn't working, it's that these may be more expensive date/s. Additionally, there's multiple 4*'s in this zone - while you have got the Hyatt for previous stays, it may not have discounted inventory (hotels have the option of offering discounted inventory or not, even if they aren't sold out) for these date/s.

What are the date/s of travel?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Dates of travel are May 5-9. It's just strange that every time I've bid for this zone in the past I have gotten the same Hyatt Regency hotel. Now all of a sudden, I can't get it. I've literally never gotten another hotel in this zone at 4 stars.

Edit: I actually just called the hotel and they said that they are only at about 40% capacity during the days of my stay. Really not sure why I couldn't win this hotel this time.

I have bid and won this hotel (Hyatt Regency) over 10 times the past 3 years and as recently as 3 weeks ago.

It would be apprecaited if you started to share your wins with the board so that others can benefit from your experience, just as you are seeking help from the experience of others. ;)

It would also be appreciated if you used the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding, searches, and travel purchases. You can still use bonus money along with the board's link as follows:

1) click the bonus money link and enter your email to deposit the bonus cash into your account

2) close the current browser

3) use a link on the board to access PRICELINE

4) go to the MY PROFILE >> MY REWARDS link at the top right of their home page

5) use the bonus money link in the MY REWARDS section of your profile (not a link from an email) and bid as usual

Thank you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You're assuming that I don't click on the links here to start my bidding. I actually do click on the links so I don't think you should assume like that. As far as sharing my wins with the rest of the board, I didn't see the point in posting wins for the exact same property for the exact same price, over and over. It would just clutter the board and not provide any real value. I can if you really want me to. Thanks for the advice though.

I didn't see the point in posting wins for the exact same property for the exact same price, over and over. It would just clutter the board and not provide any real value.

Ten posts over 3 years (or even in one day) certainly won't clog up the board, and it will provide information that would benefit others. Posting all your wins not only gives information regarding pricing, but also regarding the frequency of which hotels in a zone are won more often then others. As well, any one of your specific wins could also help another user who is traveling to the area at the same timeframe... what if another user had won a DFW hotel for May 5-9 at the same price that they have always won over the last 3 years, wouldn't you still want to know about it since the dates coincide with yours?

It would also be appreciated if you used the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding, searches, and travel purchases.

We're asking that you use the requested links for your searches too.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Actually, no I wouldn't still want to know. It is useless considering that the price for that hotel/zone hasn't changed in 3 years. It's pretty easy to search and see that the price is the same for that zone. Me reposting those same prices is pretty pointless and a waste of time for me. If the prices were changing, then yes.

Also, I don't have time to come to this site to use the links here to Priceline, every time I go to the Priceline site. I understand that it helps the board but it doesn't benefit me at all.

I'm a member, not anybody official here, but feel the need to comment.

Have you found the button labeled "Post a hotel win"? I think it is new since your two Kansas posts. It makes reporting wins really easy and quick.

I'm working on my next three trips. They are recreational, and I almost never go back to the same place, so don't have any personal rate history upon which to rely. One of my first steps is to look at the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins in the Tools menu and see if there are any wins reported for my dates. Fortunately I did find a few, and they helped me figure out my bidding plan.

I really hope you will reconsider your position about not reporting wins. I said a silent "thank you" to whoever bothered to report their ZRH, SJU and HNL wins. And when I manage to land something I'll pass on the favors.

Romelle

PS - While you note the price for the DFW zone has stayed the same the last three years, I've seen a whole lot of price increases in other areas. IMHO the fact your bid didn't work is more likely caused by higher prices finally getting to TX than some shenanigans around $5 rewards (bonus money).

• 2 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]