Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Columbus (Worthington - Polaris - Westerville) Crowne Plaza Hotel Columbus North

zipzlyder
By zipzlyder,
in

I picked the Worthington-Polaris-Westerville area, and selected 3.5 star. My bid today was $62. Over the past two weeks I've been bidding daily on a 3-1/2 start in this area starting at $48 and increasing to as high as $68 this past Monday without success.

I've been watching Hotwire as well during this time but didn't find anything appealing other than what I believe to be the old Wyngate Polaris which is being renovated and rebranded as a Four Points (listing with 3 stars and a 35-45% recommendation at $66-$68). I had given up on Priceline for a few day and when I went back today, I started at $62, which may have been a few more than needed for the Crown Plaza win but not in the ball park for the DoubleTree. (I figured there was no way Priceline would have this property in the 3.5 star catagory - my bad.)

Unfortunately, I've stayed at the Crown Plaza North a few time via Hotwire and thought it was over rated and over priced when I was getting it for $48. Hence, I've avoided it when it comes up on Hotwire (you can tell from the reviews). My guess is that this property just recently became available again on Priceline. It's on Hotwire and was listed today at $59 with 3.5 stars, an 80% recommendation and 3.5 TripAdvisor.

This place has been undergoing renovation since late last year. Review on TripAdvisor are not great and the going price on Hotels.com and the Crown Plaza site are $85 for the same dates, so I'm a tad disappointed that I didn't get true bargain. Stay tuned for a posting of the postscript.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]