Priceline Hotel: Help Choosing London Bid Areas

suscrowe
By suscrowe,
in

My mom and I are going to London for a quick two day visit to the city. Since we are there such a short time and I have never been to London before, we would like to stay in the best area possible to see the most we can of London. I looked on Priceline at all the different areas, but I am not sure where to start. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance for your help!

London sights are spread about the city. I'd suggest you first either make a list of what you'd like to see or do a web search on something like "top 10 london attractions". Then map your list or check out the maps from the web search results. Click here for just one of the "top ten" possibilities. There are more.

If your favorites are clustered in some area, you have your answer. If not, you can bid several of the more inner zones. Getting around in London is fairly easy and inexpensive with the Underground. Cabs are quick and efficient and might be the choice when time is so limited.

I think it might work well for you to purchase one of those HopOn-HopOff bus tickets for a 24 hour period. There are several different companies offering this service, so again a bit of research is in order. Be sure to pick one that hits all your favorites. You can start your 24 hour period mid-day and have a fine afternoon and evening of sight-seeing. Then get going early the next day and go again until you clock out.

And guide books - by all means. Get an armload for free at your local library and then buy the one or two that seem to best fit you and your mother. Different ones work for different people. History - fashion - art - architecture - botanical gardens - night life - local pubs - shopping???

With only two precious days, you want to spend the hours carefully and wisely.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]