Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Hollywood) Loews Hollywood Hotel

sincerelyann
By sincerelyann,
in

Hi, I was wondering if someone could please help with a bidding strategy on Priceline for 4* hotels in Hollywood or Beverley Hills.

Travel dates are : 9/6/2013 to 9/10/2013

My budget is $150 per night excluding taxes. I've been trying to use the re-bid strategy as outlined on this forum however I haven't had much success :( any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance! :)

I'm seeing a 4* in Hollywood for these date/s for $210 this morning, but am still seeing the downtown 4* for $115. There's also a West Hollywood-BH 4.5* for $207 and 4* for $190.

Would the downtown area be acceptable if it is going to be considerably cheaper per night or are you only interested in Beverly Hills/Hollywood?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Assuming you have already bid for both Hollywood and Beverly Hills up to $135 at the 4* level, i would try the following:

When bidding 4* in the Los Angeles area you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Hollywood...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $158, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Beverly Hills...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $158, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Hollywood and Beverly Hills...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $163, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $168, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the above strategy! Unfortunately still no luck :( I've had a look at hotwire and can see a 4* for $177.11 per night for Hollywood. Any ideas what this hotel may be? Amenities are: Pet friendly, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility. It's also got a 90% recommended rate.

If you go back to HOTWIRE and click the price in order to get to the 'details' page, then on the ensuing page click the 'See all' link under the amenities, do you see more than what you've posted above?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on your success. :)

Very good deal for this property! Hope you are looking forward to your stay.

Can you confirm the price per night in USD$ (before taxes/fees) per night so that we can update the site's Hotwire and Priceline Calendar of Wins? Thanks.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Thanks for the follow-up.

For the future, please change the drop down menu on the top right of HOTWIRE's page to United States and the currency dropdown to US Dollars. Then continue to search HOTWIRE and post to the board in US Dollars so that rates are consistent and not subject to interpretation due to future currency fluctuation. Once you're ready to purchase stay on the US version of their site and simply change the drop down menu to whatever currency you'd like to use and complete your purchase.

Thank you.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]